Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:40 AM   #41
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Rogue Rebalancing mod v3.81 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
So a good general rule is Fixpack mods first, Content mods next and then Tweak Pack mods last if at all possible?
Pretty much, yes.

However, note that you should only install one fixpack at a time (i.e. either Baldurdash or the G3 BG2 Fixpack) and that some of the mods which are listed as compatible with RR may not be compatible with each other (i.e. TuTu and BGT are mutually exclusive for obvious reasons). Also, it's always a good idea to check the readme files and the discussion forums of all mods which you intend to install for potential compatibility issues and the recommended install order.
aVENGER_[RR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #42
Ilyich
Dungeon Master

I've just finished the Arledrian quest, and when I gave him a Extra Healing Potion, all of my potions disappeared from my quickslot. Also, the second dialogue option for the potion choice has a spelling error, it says "week" instead of "weak."

It is a nice way to flesh out the side with Shadow Thieves half of Chapter 3, and the dagger has already shown its usefulness to me against Tanova.
Ilyich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:07 AM   #43
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
I've just finished the Arledrian quest, and when I gave him a Extra Healing Potion, all of my potions disappeared from my quickslot. Also, the second dialogue option for the potion choice has a spelling error, it says "week" instead of "weak."
Thanks! I'll fix this in the next update.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #44
Ilyich
Dungeon Master

Off topic, butI have a couple of questions regarding Thief skills.

1. How does Detect Illusion work, is it a passive skill, or does it need to be activated like Turn Undead?

2. What 2-handed weapons can you backstab with, aside from the quarterstaff?
Ilyich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #45
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
1. How does Detect Illusion work, is it a passive skill, or does it need to be activated like Turn Undead?
You need to enter the "Find Traps" mode for it to work. As long as the "Find Traps" mode is on, and you have a decent amount of skill points invested into "Detect Illusions", any illusions that are in the vicinity of the Thief will be automatically dispelled. However, investing more than 100 points into "Detect Illusion" doesn't seem to grant additional benefits.

Quote:
2. What 2-handed weapons can you backstab with, aside from the quarterstaff?
None. In BG2, a weapon must be natively (without UAI) usable by a single-class Thief in order to be suitable for a backstab.

Last edited by aVENGER_[RR]; 11-14-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #46
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Update: After I did some actual in-game testing, I've discovered that the "Detect Illusion" skill can actually dispel illusions of any level and even destroy illusionary creatures such as Projected Images and Mislead clones, but not Simulacrums.

Last edited by aVENGER_[RR]; 11-14-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #47
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

True. DI is indeed a surprisngly powerful & useful ability, especially as it bypasses SI: Divination.

There is a mod that allows Thieves (including Dual & Multiclasses) to Backstab with pretty much every type of weapon in the game, with the drawback that larger weapons, due to their very size, impose penalties to the Backstab multiplier. So if your Backstab with a Short Sword is x5, you could use a Warhammer and get only x4, and with a Staff it's x3, that kind of thing. I think the mod is Ashes of Embers, but I'm not sure.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #48
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOfSpades View Post
...especially as it bypasses SI: Divination.
I thought that's a granted since the skill is not magical in nature.
Quote:
There is a mod that allows Thieves (including Dual & Multiclasses) to Backstab with pretty much every type of weapon in the game, with the drawback that larger weapons, due to their very size, impose penalties to the Backstab multiplier. So if your Backstab with a Short Sword is x5, you could use a Warhammer and get only x4, and with a Staff it's x3, that kind of thing. I think the mod is Ashes of Embers, but I'm not sure.
Heh, I suppose I should have said "in unmodded BG2" instead. IIRC, Ashes of Ambers can allow all classes to use any weapon while D0Tweaks has a component which implements the backstab penalties for non-standard weapons.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #49
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Rogue Rebalancing mod v3.82 released

Happy holidays everyone! The Rogue Rebalancing mod has been updated to v3.82. In summary, this small maintenance update resolves a few compatibility issues with other mods, fixes several minor bugs and further enhances the AI scripts of all characters which are altered or introduced by this mod. Here's the full list of changes:

Core component changes:
  • Fixed a bug which could trigger some of the NPC interjections at the wrong places in Arledrian's and Marina's dialogues in case other mods had previously altered them
  • Giving a potion to Arledrian while he is wounded will no longer deplete an entire stack of potions of the same type
  • Slightly revised the saving throw penalties of the Bounty Hunters' Special Snares
  • Main readme updated to SHS format

Changes to the Chosen of Cyric component:
  • During the cutscene at the City Gates the party's spell protections were dispelled a few seconds before Venduris had actually started his incantation. This has been fixed and the dispelling will now occur precisely at the intended time
  • Fixed a bug in Zaeron's script which could occasionally prevent him from attacking valid targets. Furthermore, Zaeron will no longer request Bodak's aid if Bodak has already been killed
  • If any of the Chosen of Cyric characters become charmed or feebleminded Bodak will attempt to remove the effect by targeting them with Arrows of Dispelling
  • In case Venduris, Zaeron or Bodak become blinded they will no longer attempt to hide in shadows while they are still within the visual range of the party
  • The stun chance of the Stormcharged Axe has been reduced to 10% and its electrical damage bonus was reduced to 1d3 points per hit
  • Selina and Zaeron's Spell Sequencers have been slightly revised in order to put more emphasis on protection and defense
  • Made some minor AI tweaks

Changes to the Shadow Thief Improvements component:
  • The Shadow Thieves guarding the captured informant on the top floor of the guildhall have been slightly repositioned. It is now possible to sneak past them and reach Palern unnoticed should you prefer a stealth approach. Once you get to Palern, you can help him escape without alarming the guards by either giving him a Potion of Invisibility or by casting an Invisibility spell on him
  • Blinded Shadow Thieves will no longer attempt to hide in shadows while they are still within the visual range of the party
  • It is no longer possible to receive the bonus XP for stealing Gaelan's key if he has already been killed
  • Removed a few superfluous ambient sound references from the guildhall basement area script
  • The Spell Sequencers of several Shadow Thief spellcasters have been slightly revised in order to put more emphasis on protection and defense
  • Added an incompatibility warning message which prevents the installation of this component in case the "Check the Bodies" mod is detected
  • Made some minor AI tweaks

Note: if you currently have Rogue Rebalancing v3.8 or v3.81 installed then you won't have to start a new game after updating to v3.82. Otherwise, starting a new game is required in order for all components to work properly.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:41 AM   #50
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Rogue Rebalancing mod v3.82 released

The Rogue Rebalancing mod has been updated to v3.9. In summary, this release adds several new items to the game, revises some of the items which were introduced in the previous versions of the mod, further expands the "Revised Thievery" component with an option to use the PnP variety of thievery potions and enhances all AI scripts that are used in Rogue Rebalancing through Detectable Spells. In light of these changes, the compatibility with other mods and the recommended install order for Rogue Rebalancing have changed. Please consult the revised Compatibility Guide for more details. The first post in this thread has been updated with the full list of changes.