Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2002, 08:16 AM   #1
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

The shame of it all... I have to confess.

I have 1 class of rogue, and maxed out my remove traps at 4 (3+level). I intend to eventually go up to level 3 rogue, but not until I get 4th level wizard spells. Anyway, on occasion I encounter trapped chests which I can't disarm nor withstand the damage. Opening the lock is no problem with knock, but the trap remains. So I have been....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I admit it. I've been summoning my poor little pixie familiar to bash the chest (if she can't disarm it) and she is (of course) instantly evaporated. I chose her since she does have rogue skills, and the fewest hit points (which are subtracted when she dies).

I found that fireballs take out the whole chest as well most of the time too, now that I've offed half a clan of Tinkerbell/fey type little beings to get a chunk of adventurine. And I call myself neutral-good!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:45 AM   #2
Deathcow
Elminster

rofl! if it works, stick with it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:08 AM   #3
magnetism
Manshoon

get a sling and bash the chest from afar... I did that with a chest in begger's - crypts area, I used my bow, when the chest finally opened it eploded in a ball of fire ^_^
Old 06-27-2002, 11:09 AM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ROFLMFAO I like it, kill Tink, um i mean, that was very mean and un-neutral-goodish of you, shame on you, shame shame shame, *wagging finger in your general direction*
Old 06-27-2002, 12:03 PM   #5
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

where the hell did you find adventurine?
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:18 PM   #6
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
where the hell did you find adventurine?
I think adventurine is just a cheap gem. Its nothing special.
Old 07-04-2002, 02:12 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Stand back and shoot at the trapped trunk box or crate with any +1 arrow or bolt and it works every time and you never have to kill off any friends.