Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 08:33 PM   #1
Spirits forever

Does any one here play magic ...if so then what do you think is the best type of monster/magic/sorvery/instant

Old 06-04-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I did once a long time ago.

I used to be a fan of small cheap creatures and multi-purpouse spells. Sligh-type decks. Yeah, and then I like thallids. I usually played black or green. Sometimes both.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:34 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Erm, okay. Thing is, it's been so long since the last time I've played it (around 7 years ago), that I doubt my advice would really help you any futher. Best thing you could do is to find out for yourself. Believe me, that's still the most satisfactory way of discovering and playing magic, a lot more interesting than immediately copying someone else's ideas, anyways.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:10 AM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Erm, okay. Thing is, it's been so long since the last time I've played it (around 7 years ago), that I doubt my advice would really help you any futher. Best thing you could do is to find out for yourself. Believe me, that's still the most satisfactory way of discovering and playing magic, a lot more interesting than immediately copying someone else's ideas, anyways.
Ditto here as well. Do yourself a favor and grab a copy of Inquest they always have good strategies every issue. Or just look it up on the net.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:13 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Best possible strategy: have fun. Don't worry about winning or loosing. Just have fun. That's what these things are about... games, they're called, they're about having fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2003, 09:34 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

i played till a year ago. still have the cards but don't play anymore. i really liked my blue 'i return everything to your hand' deck, it diodn't win much but it was really fun. i also have a black white weenie deck, which works great now
Old 06-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #7
MagiK

My girlfriend plays me better than anyone.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
Thriss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The best type of deck is Blue/white. Cuz Blue is flying and counters and spells, while white is defensive and stuff.

Thats the best kind of deck...IMO
Old 06-10-2003, 09:16 AM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I've got a red burn/swarm deck that's lots of fun (only creatures are minotaurs (and a ghost of a minotaur) it's got:
4 Labyrinth minotaurs (1/4 blue's that prevent creatures they block from untapping)
4 hurloon (2/3 no special abilities)
4 Anaba Shamans (2/2 R tap- 1 damage to target)
4 Anaba Spirit Crafters (1/3 all minotaurs get +1/+0)
3 Hurloon Shamans (2/3 everyone destroys a land if they die)
4 Talruum Minotaurs (3/3 Haste)
4 Talruum Pipers (3/3 all fliers that can block them have to)
4 Talruum Champions (3/3 first strikers (other first strikers they combat lose first strike)
1 Anaba Ancestor (1/1 ghost tap to give a minotaur +1/+1
4 Didgeridoo's (3colorless bring a minotaur into play (doesn't tap it, so you can do it on your opponents turn as much as you want, also prevents them from being countered)
the rest of the spells are either lightningbolts/incinierates or X damage spells
{edit} almost forgot my anti-morph card (Aether Flash- all creatures take 2 damage as the come into play)

It tends to win alot due to the swarm + direct damage, even though most of the cards are from before 5th edition it still does extremely well against the newer cards my friends have been buying recently

[ 06-10-2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 06-10-2003, 03:00 PM   #10
DameonRules
Manshoon

Like almost everyone said here its mostly personaly preferance. like i have an elf deck that just destroys people cause they dont understand what it does and by the time they do they are dead. all you really need is a few coat of arms and some squirrls and elves and they are done. also with elves you never run outta mana. i also have an angel protect deck that now matter what you throw at me i will have an angel that is protected from that color. or my favorite is a deck that forces you to use all of you mana by the end of your turn or it hurts you via a few citadels of pain. yet i will prevent that by use creatures like shivan hellkites or molten hydra or even a flowstone giant. almost all of my creatures are huge so they have to use big creatures to takle them too. i also have an only D D deck with one creature in it the crator hellion. but i have so much dd that i don't really have to worry about most big creatures that they can through at me. if the game does last into the mid range of the game i can use digus egg and wake of destruction to finish most people off. well thats my advice but bruiser decks are good to black anc blue. don't leave out pink decks. with white you can keep gaining life and with the red decks you can do direct damage.