Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Law makers should be lukewarm?
Yes 5 50.00%
No 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2003, 07:32 PM   #1
ocelot
Dungeon Master

Political issue of 2004.
ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
ocelot
Dungeon Master

Sorry about the should, should thing. I get excited about these current events going on. Vote on-
Old 08-05-2003, 01:07 AM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Well, the poll seems to be a lot about religion. I think my responses reflect well my views. I believe in the separation of church and state. I think that churches should be allowed to demonstrate and sell literature to promote their views, but I don't believe any organization (including churches) should be able to financially lobby. I think that citizens are the first and foremost priority, and their wishes should be respected above all else. If that falls in line with the church's view, so be it, but I don't believe in allowing any organization to lobby. If the citizens believe in it, they should send in their opinions as individuals.

I know this sounds a bit idealistic, but I believe that since government is by the people and for the people (read, not church, corporation, institution...) that the immense donations given by some special interests groups are inappropriate and against the spirit of democracy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 03:50 AM   #4
Skunk
Banned User

Well I've always subscribed to the notion that you can legislatedreligion out of the government machinery - but you can't legislate it out of the politician. Consequently, you will always see religion based policies.

I don't mind political lobbying by any group (including reglious ones) but I am totally against the system of political donations by any group. I prefer the German system where the state provides funds for political parties - and political parties accepting cash from business or religious interests is illegal.

In a true democracy, the size of your wallet should not determine your importance...
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The first question was somewhat confusing? "What is meat by lukewarm lawmakers? Neutral Maybe
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote