Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2002, 08:31 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I really hate them. They are not fair!! The other morning on the way to work, I went under one of these lights (at the bottom of a hill!) that has one of those cameras on them that takes a picture of your plates if you run the red light, then you get a ticket sent in the mail. Well I swear I was about 15 feet from the white line where I would have to come to a stop before the light, when the light turned yellow. I wasn't speeding, but to stop on that line would mean locking my brakes up big time, even then hard to say if I'd make it and not be stuck in the middle of the intersection. Its a pretty big intersection too, a good distance between the white line and beyond the light. So, sigh, I gunned it, felt I had no choice. Saw the light turn red right as my front windshield went under it. So now I wait to see if I get a ticket. How much of a run do you have to run to get said ticket I wonder? See it isn't fair to me, because OK, I understand running a red light can cause an accident, as the other people going the other direction gets the green light and moves forward and you could collide with them. But clipping it like I did is not to me dangerous in that way nor deserving of a ticket, as when I was going under that light, the light had still not turned green for those going the other way. But, who knows, these cameras draw in lots of cash, so I would not be surprised if I get a ticket in the mail...

Anyone have those camera traffic lights where you live?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-14-2002, 08:53 PM   #2
Thoran
Galvatron

Illegal in NY (along with radar cameras and unmarked police cars).

But here in CA they're everywhere. I think they give you quite a bit of leeway... because people out here are always going through lights that I wouldn't myself.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:57 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey Wendy, if it had got ya you would have seen flashes so your safe! I ran one here (my fault) and it flashed all around but I never got a ticket. I read that they can only read about 25% of the liscense plates, but that may have gotten better. Also private companies run the ticketing and they get a percentage of the "take" Which is complete bullshit
Old 05-14-2002, 09:06 PM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Here in Norway they have those "speed cameras" that take pictures of your car if you drive to fast and they are all over the contry and if you drive a little to fast you get a bill in the mail i HATE those boxes and about 30% percent of them are been painted over the lence of the camera or they been shoot down with a shotgun...ohh i hate thise boxes i have only been taken one time but i hate them!

[ 05-14-2002, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 05-14-2002, 09:24 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

---The following is an underpaid promotional commercial---

COME TO BEAUTIFULL CUBA! Where the streets have no lights whatsoever!

---The Preceeding was an underpaid promotional advertisment for CUBA - Land without stoplights ---
Old 05-14-2002, 09:26 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Its a beast isn't it? In edmonton theres about 1 on every intersection! Mind you I can't drive yet...
Old 05-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hey Wendy, if it had got ya you would have seen flashes so your safe! I ran one here (my fault) and it flashed all around but I never got a ticket. I read that they can only read about 25% of the liscense plates, but that may have gotten better. Also private companies run the ticketing and they get a percentage of the "take" Which is complete bullshit
Well this just happened this past Monday morning, so not sure when I'd get said ticket in the mail, I'd reckon it'd take a week or so. I didn't see a flash, but then again I wasn't looking behind me, was looking LOL above my front windshield to see if I made it in time or not! So it's all up in the air, I'm crossing my fingers I don't get a stupid ticket!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-14-2002, 09:35 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Here in Norway they have those "speed cameras" that take pictures of your car if you drive to fast and they are all over the contry and if you drive a little to fast you get a bill in the mail i HATE those boxes and about 30% percent of them are been painted over the lence of the camera or they been shoot down with a shotgun...ohh i hate thise boxes i have only been taken one time but i hate them!
Same thing sometimes happens here too Megabot, people try to destroy the cameras late at night. Not very often though, as police patrol everywhere, all the time around here. Reminds me though of when I lived in this apartment complex, and they installed this gate, long piece of wood basically, that rose and fell like at a train track, and you had to use your security card to and pass it through this slot to get the gates to raise so you could GO HOME!! I hated it myself, also thought it totally unnecessary, as the only crime we ever had there were from people walking from the subway, which was nearby, they didn't drive in. Anyway, I can't even count how many times I'd find that gate broken and in shards, it was obvious I wasn't the only one who didn't like that thing LOL, but the apartment complex just kept paying people to rebuild it, and charged us tenants, so in the end we all lost in many ways on that one [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-14-2002, 09:49 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
in holland they are not so popular lately, people shoot at em, set them on fire, smash em to pieces or even better, take em home. Believe it or not, but now we have hidden camera's watching over the traffic camera's. Big brother is really on the warpath overhere.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:17 PM   #10
Ladyzekke

Really? A camera for the camera LOL? Well I guess they want to catch those destroying said first camera! Nutty LOL... Where will we have cameras next I wonder? Seems cameras are just about everywhere now no matter where you go. I can see in some ways why they are there, bit still it is a bit uncomfortable having to feel watched, too bad society makes these things necessary, we good and lawful end up paying along with the true wrong-doers. blah..

Reality Show Recaps