Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2003, 11:47 AM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I'll have a look at the site a bit later, now I just want to say:

128MB card is big enough unless you are going away for a month or something. I have a 128MB card and can fit over 160 pictures at low compression (i.e. high detail) at 1600x1200 i.e. 2MP. 2MP is fine if you want to print at up to A5 size without seeing pixellation (also depends on your printer quality and resolution). I don't usually bother printing my pictures anyway, as
a) there are too many
b) they look better full screen on a 17" monitor than they can ever look on paper unless you have glossy photo paper and a REALLY good quality printer.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-14-2003, 03:31 AM   #12
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I don't think I'd be printing out many shots, so a 2 MP camera would be fine.

Olympus C-220 Zoom

"The CAMEDIA C-220ZOOM delights with its stylish, compact design and outstanding performance. Its 3x optical zoom lens plus two megapixel resolution are sure to impress the quality and price-conscious newcomer to the world of digital zoom photography. Thanks to the model's precise automatic settings and a user-friendly menu layout, less experienced users can obtain great results with the minimum of effort."

Sounds good!
Old 09-14-2003, 06:24 AM   #13
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I've got an older model Olympus Camedia and for the point and shoot user it's ideal.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 09-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Panorama = 360 degree all round view.

In this context, the camera lets you take a series of pictures and sticks them together horizontally in order to create one long picture that captures the entire 360 degree view from where you are standing.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-14-2003, 04:54 PM   #15
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

I thought you decieded on that Sony model awhile back.
Well to add more to your info stack, you might also want to check out this place.
http://edigitalphoto.com/

That C-2 camera you are looking at, in US trim it is under 2 MP, are you sure you want to go that low?

There is a new Panasonic with a Leica lens on it out also, just read a little about it this past week. Nice camera, decent MP, but has some serious options for a moderate price.

As with most electronics, there will be two or three more models out before you buy. At least let us know which one you got.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:35 AM   #16
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
I thought you decieded on that Sony model awhile back.
Well to add more to your info stack, you might also want to check out this place.
http://edigitalphoto.com/

That C-2 camera you are looking at, in US trim it is under 2 MP, are you sure you want to go that low?

There is a new Panasonic with a Leica lens on it out also, just read a little about it this past week. Nice camera, decent MP, but has some serious options for a moderate price.

As with most electronics, there will be two or three more models out before you buy. At least let us know which one you got.

Felix
Yeah, I was, until I saw the $500 price tag for a 2 MP, 2.5 digital zoom! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think so Sony!

Going by what Vaskez and others have said, and also on the net, I don't think I really need anything more than 2 MP.