Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 06:43 AM   #1
SaJRUS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm just wondering a bit about the levels in BGII.
I only played Diablo II before and there you level like
10 levels a day if your skilled...

I played Baldurs Gate II for 4 days and completed ALOT of quests but my team is still only in level 8-10.

?=)
Old 02-03-2002, 07:01 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for that -?- on your head :

BGII handles a very different level up system than Diablo II.
If you think you're leveling up slowly now, wait 'till you get to higher levels. It'll become harder and harder, though the monster give more XP too offcourse.

Anywayz, its perfectly normal, that you dont level up very fast,
especially if you have a group.

This is one of the reasons many people solo, to get the
high-level abilities sooner.

Dont solo if you're new to the game though, It's much more fun if you experience it group-style first. (the way the game meant it to be)
Dont hesitate to try and solo after that though, its great too [img]smile.gif[/img]

(oh, and if you wanna solo, i suggest you buy the expansion:
Throne of Bhaal, which will enable you too fully use your fast-level-up advantage)

Have Fun !!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2002, 07:07 AM   #3
SaJRUS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks..
Currently im playing with 6 charracters in my team so I see why i dont level so much...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: SaJRUS ]

Old 02-03-2002, 08:12 AM   #4
skier9205
Manshoon

daan is correct but you need to think of leveling up this way. Say you kill a monster that's worth 600XP. If you were soloing, all of that XP would go to your character, however, if you are in a party, the XP would be divided among the number of players in your party (in your case 6). That means that each of your players only get 100XP each for killing that monster, (not 600XP for each character). That's why it takes so long for you to level up. There are exceptions to having to share the XP. If you complete a major quest, you'll get something called Quest XP. When you get Quest XP every character gets the full amount. Example: If you complete a quest that's worth 60,000XP and you have 6 characters, each one would receive 60,000XP (they don't share the XP.) Hope this makes sense and have fun!
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 12:56 PM   #5
Alardon Mireldarn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm soloing with sorceror and I'm currently in chapter 2 and my lvl is 20 (I have done almost all quest wich I know). So it has a great difference with soloing or group playing if U wanna get levels fast.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:39 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

yeah, soloing a monk im getting 1/2 levels a day. partying - luck to get one in 4 days.

But it dosent really matter, within reason equipment, spells and tactics make more difference than level.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:12 PM   #7
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

In AD&D you gain much more powers in advancing one level as lets say im systems like Diablo, or even more extreme the Might and Magic series. In MM 6 and 7 you gained some HP, some Spellpoints and a few skillpoints, which you couldn't use anyway every level, but you had to save them to gain really high skill levels.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote