Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 01:16 PM   #1
Viscer Spineshank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Basically this is a quest about maintaining relations with both umpani and trang.....doing quests to basically the last quest.

This was the first time I went through the stages.....
I did a few of the quests for both...and also had the Astral Dominus and Chaos Molori....I had paid off the gal in Arnika...but forgot to turn in the Trang spy in Umpani. I had gone to Z'ant and he basically knew I was a traitor. I went back and turned in the spy...and Z'ant still knew.

I reloaded the game and basically did all the quests for z'ant up to the black ship coordinates...I then when to umpani...turned in the spy right away, paid off the merchant in arnika and did the umpani quests up to rescuing the umpani prisoner in rayjin. I got the black box/black ship coordinates and when back to Zant.....and once again, he hates me.

Im haven't seen any spoilers about the templar camp etc or anything about drazic or Trang quests past black box....I ended up just finishing off the Trang...because I had completed too much (sea caves, nessie, Marten's tomb and all the umpani quests)

Whats the deal here? Did I take a different path in game to discover who and what I should do first?

Ie....Monistary, Arnika, Trynie, Swamps, Marten's bluff, sea caves, bayjin etc? or

Monistary, arnika, umpani....etc.
Viscer Spineshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 04:21 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

This has ALWAYS worked for me:

Go to Umpani base. Buy flag.

Sign up with Umpani. Buy all the books I can from Kunar, resting if necessary (it usually is).

Do some other stuff. Explore. Kill critters. Buy perfume from Crock. Meet Savant in swamp, if I haven't already.

Go back and give Z'Ant the flag. Go upstairs and kill assassin.

Back to Umpani base. Show arm to Balbrak. Get credit from Kunar. Do silly firing range, covert ops stuff.

Do some more extra stuff and exploring.

See Mook in Arnika. Show Umapani alliance letter to Screg. Nab Moliri.

Back to Umpani base. Show Mook letter to Balbrak. Visit Yamir.

Go to the UTU. Talk to Rubble. Suit up. Talk to Rubble again. Take off scuba gear, go back to Z'Ant.

Show Z'Ant the Moliri.

Go on to Bayjin or do other stuff first.

Return Glumph to Umpani Base.

See Z'Ant and give coords (I have them memorized, don't need to visit Arnika for them first).

Head for Rapax rift and Templarhood.

Once I've signed up with either side, I never set foot in He'Li's place again. In some games, I've exposed Kunar, in others, I didn't. I usually do it, though, for the experience.

Keep in mind that this has worked for me in the unpatched and Ascension Peak patch versions (I've never used any other patches). If your game is patched with something else, that may have an effect.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 04:21 PM   #3
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Z'ant can Mindread you, so don't talk to him... just bring him what he wants and click on him with the item, don't speak to him and give it that way. Then he'll begin the conversations and things will go okay.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:37 PM   #4
Viscer Spineshank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There must be some random event that goes on....I basically did what you did the first time....After turning in the hand, Z'ant was mad at me. I was able to give him the molori...but how do you give him the coordinates for the ship.....how do you show him that you rescued the troops etc? Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was some trang in there that would go after me if I approached.

Is it that I need to keep the AD on the rat guy until the end?
Viscer Spineshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 12:06 AM   #5
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Viscer, I think I made the same mistake you did. I did it right the first time and screwed it up on #2. I needed to return the flag to Z'Ant before I showed the hand to the Umpani. The T'Rang are more suspicious, you have to do two or three of their quests before you do the Umpani ones. At that time I was so far along I also cleared out the nest but left Z'Ant alive...for something that happens later.
Old 03-12-2002, 01:27 AM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

For the ship coordinates, use the little type-in box on the right side of the conversation screen. This change is confusing, as many people expect a separate box to come up, and it doesn't.

The troop rescue is for the Umpani, not Z'Ant.

You don't have to hold off on the AD, though doing so should not have an effect here. I usually wait on the AD myself just so as to make one trip to Trynton instead of two.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:16 AM   #7
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

Can I still make the alliance? Goes as follows: Signed up with T'Rang, went to umpani base, bought flag, did quests for umpani, are currently fighting nessie, not been back to T'Rang yet, was planning on doing all the umpani quests first. So spoil me please, is it all lost? Or can I still■pull it together, not talked to He'L.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:56 AM   #8
dale
Manshoon

I'm on my first run throught the game and have not yet been caught or found out for working both sides. I think I have done all of the quests for both sides up to destroying a ship (but have gotten the task from both). I'm now working my way through Rapax Castle.

The one thing I have not been able to do is to turn in Kundar? I attempted to give the general his fake ID pass (got by PP) -- and he just says "thanks". Same resonse I get from any other minor goodie I give him. It may not matter, but what else do I need to do to turn him in? I have not yet done the password thing with him.
Old 03-12-2002, 04:33 AM   #9
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
The one thing I have not been able to do is to turn in Kundar? It may not matter, but what else do I need to do to turn him in? I have not yet done the password thing with him.

You've already got his pass so giving him the password doesn't really matter. Give the password to Balbrak and he'll take care of Kunar for you. Just remember that you'll lose out on a merchant once Kunar goes.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:10 AM   #10
nekoshippo
Dungeon Master

Before the last mission of destruction ship, if I go to Rapax away camp and rescue both TLANG and UMPANI prisoners, Can I make the new alliance with TLANG and UMPANI or not? Does anyone try or know this situation?
nekoshippo is offline   Reply With Quote