Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 05:48 PM   #1
mlrichman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was able to get dragon plate armor for my entire party (even warlocks can use it). Perhaps the Stout king is created with a lot of dragon ore, I don't know. I simply had my thief pick his pocket every time he gave me a new set of armor, and got another piece of dragon ore as a result. My pickpocket had a pickpocket skill of 4; he failed consistently while overburdened but did well enough when I lightened his load.
mlrichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:53 PM   #2
VIXEN
Dungeon Master

Interesting info! I'll have to keep that in mind when I get to that point of the game =o)
VIXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 01:57 AM   #3
Divine Fury
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have several sets myself, but I did not know that a wizard could use it! I'll have to see if it would fit my Oompha warlock. Thanks mlrichman for throwing that out there.
Divine Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 03:54 AM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Ah ha! You discovered the most lucrative glitch in the game! It's an excellent way to gain money (especially with the lack of it in the game).

Here's why this works in case anyone's interested:
When you give him the dragon ore, he supposedly forges it into Dragon Armor. What's really happening is you hand over the ore, he gives you Dragon Armor. The ore is still in his inventory as far as the game thinks, therefore you can steal it right back from him and give it to him again so he'll give you dragon armor in return. That's really all there is to it.

Question: Did anyone else find TWO dragon ores down in the mines? I found one at the end (where I think you're SUPPOSED too find it), and one in an ore pile in about the middle.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Yep, I found two. I'm "really" not sure but I think I might have found 3 once.

My advice: don't waste your time with stealling ore to get more dragon armors. They are not worth it (both for the protection and the money).

If you need money, join the Dojo and buy the Takeshu (spelling) arrows for 340 (with merchant trait). Sell them back for 2400 (with merchant trait... about 1700 without). Since there's an infinite supply of arrow, that gives you an infite supply of gold...... this is the BEST lucrative bug of the game... dragon arrows are good too!

If you need fire protection, use Sazerac's Ring Enchantement trick. Take 2 rings that you enchant to max to protect fire (use arrows trick above for cash) and fire won't touch you.

Personnally, I think that unless you have a Paladin or a Fighter, Plate armor is just too limiting. Use chain or even better, ninja suits or robes (that, once again, you bless to the max)

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 08:13 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

I always found 2 pieces of the dragon ore.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:39 AM   #7
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I got lucky and didn't need to go there I found and Chain Pro Fire +2 at Shurgeon and Finished Enchanted it and it worked Fine. But the Best Mail is the Pate of the Realm With 7.2 Armor Rating
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 11:29 PM   #8
Divine Fury
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Loumistro, can you bless/enchant Plate of the Realm?
Old 07-19-2001, 10:57 AM   #9
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What kind of rings can you enchant, I never seem to get rings listed in the enchant option
Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 03:07 PM   #10
Divine Fury
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the only rings you can bless/enchant are "silver rings." The bandits in Valeia seem to drop them the most.