Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 03:17 PM   #1
Raige
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am entering skull castle for the first time and just thought i would see if there was any friendly advice out there.
Raige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:19 PM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Have fun and make sure you create a portal right at the entrance.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:31 PM   #3
Raige
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the tip. I just went through the first battle, and good lord, i am a hack and slash jump right in the middle of the fray kinda guy, but that was crazy. There was like 20 skeletons and a few zombies, figures i had to put the monster level on hard before i did that too.
Raige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:36 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

One last thing. Try to have as many characters with the Crusade trait before you start Skull... it pays off.

If you're playing a solo game, don't get crusade. It will greatly unbalance the game and it will be way to easy after that.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 09:35 PM   #5
The_Enchanter_Tim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lots of Lubrication, and don't forget the cheesedip.

If all else fails, run around your room screaming about ghosts until family/friends start a W&W intervention to prevent the onset of insanity.

Like most games, Blunt weapons are extra effective against walking dead, fire is good as well. It took me 20 times to kill the vampire nest, mainly for the fun of it since it was not required to solve the map.

And don't forget to collect skulls, it's always nice to collect skulls, even if you never plan to go back to the first town ever again, it's great to say "Look world! I'm carring 100+ human skulls!"

The_Enchanter_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:50 AM   #6
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like the room with the Guardians. You just seem to keep getting more an more people to hack up in there. I have my spawn rate set to high and still normally have to wait for soemthing nice to whack. But there seems to be a ready supply in there.

May be they need to get the ghost busters in there and we'll get a big marshmellow man
Merack is offline   Reply With Quote