Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #21
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">Well into the third book now just after Sansa married Tyrion, and were the little queen sold one of her dragons than used the Unsullied against there former slave masters/traders and took her dragon back very nice test of the unsullied loyalty to there owner. So far I think this book is my favorite. I felt tired toward the end of the second one possibly because he didn't kill anyone I wanted but killed many I didn't want so it was starting to get depressing but still a good book. But the trird book has rekindled my energy.</font>

[ 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #22
pritchke

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">I am at the part were the OLD Bear is dead now there is a connection between Sam and the Old Bears son whom I didn't realize wao is son was until now but should have figured it out due to his bear cape. Sam must give him a message. Caster is also dead but he was a sorry sod anyway. Actually don't actually crows often fight each other that is sort of funny.

The The Lightning Lord being split by the hound then standing there at the end of the scene was an holy s--- moment were you found out he really could not be killed by mortal means. I assume it may the same for the Red Pristess since she seems to be blessed by The Light as well I think the Lightning Lord will bite the dust the next time as he doesn't seem to want to be raised again. This could be my favorite book of the three. Why do I like the Lightning Lord better than the Red Priestess when they both serve the same God? </font>

[ 05-18-2007, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #23
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I have a question about this book, is it traditional fantasy with medieval weapons, magic and such, or is it like His Dark Materials fantasy in a modern world setting?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #24
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Traditional fantasy
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #25
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'm almost done with book one now, A Game of Thrones, and all I can say is WOW!!! It is tragic, heroic, action-packed, romantic, comic, and even incestual at some times all in one. I am hooked for life [img]smile.gif[/img] It makes me want to write a fantasy book even more.
Although, I find myself hating GRRM just a little bit for teasing us with the death of the characters, Bran and Eddard (although it didn't last long )
And oh how I love to hate some of his characters, Cersei and Jeymes for two, grr I would love to meet them in a dark back alley.
Well, perhaps I should have just started a new thread, but I don't think this one is quite dead yet [img]smile.gif[/img]

But I've been wrong before hahaha

[ 07-03-2007, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Balintherlas ]
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #26
Thoran
Galvatron

So for the many GRRM fans out there I've just finished a book that is reminiscent of his style... mabye not QUITE up to Martin quality but a great read that's WELL worth the time.

The author is R. Scott Baker... the series is The Prince of Nothing. I just finished Book 1 - The Darkness that Comes Before.

I'd give it a high recommendation... it's a great start to the series.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #27
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Oh my gosh, I tried creating a buzz for that series awhile ago, prolly 2 years or so. I read the first two, Warrior Prophet is the second book, and I thought they were amazing. If its possible, I'd say they were more dark than Martins series, and anyone who read books of A Song of Ice and Fire would like these books. The third installment of The Prince of Nothing series is already out, but I have yet to read it.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #28
Thoran
Galvatron

I've just got the first... but I'm going to pick up 2 and 3 (which I THINK is the conclusion... nice to see an author that can keep his series' contained) first chance I get.

I guess I'd missed that earlier post because I usually look for online recommendations when picking new authors to read... and I'd never heard of Bake. I picked the book on a whim (liked the title).
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #29
pritchke

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">conclusion????, I am on the fourth A Feast for Crows, and the author is currently working on a fifth.</font>
Old 07-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #30
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Hahahaha yea, I think he is going to keep it contained to his 7th book in the series.