Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2002, 03:46 PM   #41
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Hey, I SAID I was english! I've seen him in TV interviews. I don't go researching his ugly face on the internet. And I am the last person to call shallow and to me that was an insult of the HIGHEST order![/QB]
[img]smile.gif[/img] I did not say you were shallow...I asked a question. See the little "?" symbol?? [img]smile.gif[/img] and even English type peoples can be shallow! [img]smile.gif[/img] but no insult was intended so apologies for the misunderstanding.

Old 08-24-2002, 03:50 PM   #42
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Hey, I SAID I was english! I've seen him in TV interviews. I don't go researching his ugly face on the internet. And I am the last person to call shallow and to me that was an insult of the HIGHEST order!
[img]smile.gif[/img] I did not say you were shallow...I asked a question. See the little "?" symbol?? [img]smile.gif[/img] and even English type peoples can be shallow! [img]smile.gif[/img] but no insult was intended so apologies for the misunderstanding.

[/QB][/QUOTE]No it wasn't insulting because I'm english...all my life so far I have been judged by the shallow people, even assaulted, because I am not their idea of beauty (Ie, looking, behaving, and thinking exactly like them) they sicken me so much that to be called shallow is the foulest insult possible around me.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-24-2002, 04:02 PM   #43
MagiK

Well Kal. I think it safe to say, Im not judging you on your looks [img]smile.gif[/img] or even how you act..sice I cannot observe either [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyhooooo Like him or hate him he is the US president...I just wish more people were a bit more....aware of how and where they get their opinions of people. You need to take into account the sources of information and wehter the source had an agenda to follow. I have listened to his speaches and I know he is not a great public speaker but unless he is the greatest actor I have ever heard of, I believe he is sincere about what he says....again that is just my opinion based on a completely non-rational personal assessment made from a distace about the man.

On a side note...hope everyone has a good weekend....The Maryland Rennaissance Faire has started and I need to do more work on my Ranger garb [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2002, 04:07 PM   #44
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
[QB]Anyhooooo Like him or hate him he is the US president...
The "Wolf from Georgia"
was MArshal of the soviet union and undisputed leader of the USSR, That still didn't stop him from being EEEEEVVVVVIIIIILLLL!!!!!!

Quote:
I just wish more people were a bit more....aware of how and where they get their opinions of people. You need to take into account the sources of [QB]
Hmmm,
I think gore should have been president.
I wanted to see the newspapers headlines:

“Gore licks Bush”

Oh well, We can only hope all the Oil in iraq suddenly drains away before Militry action is launched.

Old 08-24-2002, 08:05 PM   #45
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Sorry, but i am not very fond of Americans.
One of the reasons why i dont like it is George Bush. He is the second most idiotic president i know(The first one is, sadly, Estonias current president Arnold Rüütel - A senile old man who cant even speak English!)! He wants to destroy Irak because it is, as he cofirms, 'evil', and is sticking to his statement until someone proves otherwise. Destroying Irak would do very little against terrorist.
And another thing is that Americans arent very good at speaking English. I really dont understand why, but ive seen many adult Americans speaking incorrectly, even in their own language.
(Morgan_C, its "Congratulate", not "Congradulate" [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Why youz pickin on otha peeples gramma. Aint youz got nuthin betta ta do? By da way you made a typo on yo name. It should be "ass" not "uss"

[ 08-24-2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 08-25-2002, 09:44 AM   #46
skywalker
Banned User

Sorry, Magik! I don't like or trust the Bushman from Texas. You may, if you like add Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and Fleisher to my list undesirables. Of course, this is purely my opinion of which I do not offer any links to sites to prove my point.

Mark
Old 08-25-2002, 11:50 AM   #47
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Sorry, Magik! I don't like or trust the Bushman from Texas. You may, if you like add Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and Fleisher to my list undesirables. Of course, this is purely my opinion of which I do not offer any links to sites to prove my point.

Mark
Hihi Mark [img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah I know you hate them [img]smile.gif[/img] and we understand each other on those points [img]smile.gif[/img] Fortunately for all of us, no one has to offer proof of anything to justify our opinions, which I think cool.

I just desire that when people publish controvertial "facts" that they back them up in some manner, but hey, thats just me and I ain't (put that in just for USS [img]smile.gif[/img] ) no body's boss so ya'll are free to ignore my silly requests too [img]smile.gif[/img]

AnyHooo I found it quite interesting this week when the headlines announced "Secret Court Rebukes Rumsfeld for FBI Abuses" The story talked about 75 seperate instances where the FBI/Justice Dept. Lied, to the court, conducted illegal acts and were guilty of malfeasence. All this was brought to light because of the Homeland Security act that Rumsfeld is backing....Was really interesting that ALL, not most, not half, not three quarters but ALL of the misdeeds listed and considered were dated in the year 2000 and before therefore why would the court "blast" Rumsfeld when it was Janet Reno who was in charge?

Another interesting tidbit I found interesting this week:

New York Post and Washington Times = Left leaning journalism
New York Times and Washington Post = Right leaning journalism

Coincidence? seems like somebody somewhere is trying to confuse people [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have a nice weekend all!

[ 08-25-2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 08-25-2002, 12:16 PM   #48
Moni

Quote:
Hey Cerek! Thanks for your posts in the original thread to Moni in support of what I was saying about Bush. I had desperately wanted to point out the very things you mentioned....ie, biased sources and no supporting documentation. All of Moni's and Skywalkers links lead to completely biased websites which had no supporting documentation. I have read many Bush bashing sites with supposed quotes from Bush that have no coverage by any reputable source.

Moni, I know You hate the guy, but at least try to treat him with a bit of fairness. Detest him for what he has actually done or said....not what some internet whacko writes about him with no proof.

The reason I could not respond sooner was because I could not get into IW for such a long time. When I did get in, I would loose connection before I could make a post. LOA actually managed to help me with some very good information....Thanks LOA.
The only links I posted if I recall correctly were to "Bushism" sites, sites intended to poke fun, not to document his honest failures. Not all of the quotes are without proof that he made them either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, speaking of honest failures, I forgot to ask Rex for his sources and he is again asleep at the wheel lol. If I remember when he gets up I'll be sure to ask, but don't think if I forget that I am just prolonging the possibility of admitting I have nothing to support what I said...I stated what Rex told me and said I would back it up if anyone asked...its just that I am honestly slightly brain damaged and forget things quite often...not sure if you knew that but had to say so because I do keep my word. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If his sources are bogus Bush-bashing sites I will retract my earlier statements on the basis of "no proof solid enough to convince the Pro-Bush crowd". [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-25-2002, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-25-2002, 12:32 PM   #49
Chewbacca
Zartan

Just look at all the people in prision in America! We are #1! We have the most criminals in the world!!! Whoo Hoo! America's #1!!!!

Beyond who ever is in the revolving door of the president, we have a big problem. The drug war. Ironicly Afganistan has a record crop of poppy this year, thanks to the removal of the Talibon. 30 years and America is still losing the drug war. Maybe we will never learn?

And now Mr Bush wants to ease logging restrictions, under the guise of preventing forest fires. Hmmm, I wonder how much timber $$$ fills his and other republican war chests....

Not to mention Bush's endorsment of the California GOP candidate for govenor, the guy who is under investigation for dirty business and who's company has already been charged a huge fine for ethics violations.

I guess two months of preaching corporate responsibility is enough to balance that out. I smell a hypocrite who thinks I am as stupid as he is...Thats my Bush!

Sheesh, I dont need "bushbashing" website to know something aint right in Texas, I just need to watch the news.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:12 PM   #50
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
The only links I posted if I recall correctly were to "Bushism" sites, sites intended to poke fun, not to document his honest failures. Not all of the quotes are without proof that he made them either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, speaking of honest failures, I forgot to ask Rex for his sources and he is again asleep at the wheel lol. If I remember when he gets up I'll be sure to ask, but don't think if I forget that I am just prolonging the possibility of admitting I have nothing to support what I said...I stated what Rex told me and said I would back it up if anyone asked...its just that I am honestly slightly brain damaged and forget things quite often...not sure if you knew that but had to say so because I do keep my word. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If his sources are bogus Bush-bashing sites I will retract my earlier statements on the basis of "no proof solid enough to convince the Pro-Bush crowd". [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hehehe It isn't all that important Moni [img]smile.gif[/img] If you find he did have a C average it really doesnt change anything for you or for me. You hatehim, I don't. I respect his accomplishment of becoming a Fighter Pilot (probably means more to me, since that is something I could never accomplish and wished I could) and you do not. You see him as a typical politician as crooked as any, I don't.....I still like you [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-25-2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]