Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 10:26 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

..it's a myth.

The stricture that you get only 1 HP when changing roles until you make it to another role is mythical. Tzihra, my Whiskah Priest-cum-Paladin just disproved it...she hit level 7 (3 below where she changed from) and jumped up 12 HP.

My guess is that the "reroll" thing still applies, and that the roll is based on the new class...since Paladins tend to get much higher HP rolls than Priests do, it "caught up" when she hit level 7.

So you can get large HP increases after changing roles. It depends, I suppose, on what you changed from and what your HP was when you did.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 10:27 PM   #2
Moni

Old 05-21-2001, 10:43 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Moni..."What duh?"

-Saz
Old 05-21-2001, 11:05 PM   #4
Moni

LOL! Oh it is just WAY too late for my characters with this new revelation.
(I was teasing)

Moni

I guess I could start another game and hope LOL!
Old 05-22-2001, 12:00 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, no kidding, Moni! I was just curious if part of your first message had been deleted, LOL!! I get it now!

Hehe, well, now we know for sure about the HP stuff.

-Sazerac
Old 05-22-2001, 12:20 AM   #6
Moni

It is good to know that it happens!
Glad you found that tidbit out and posted it even if it is too late for me and all the whining I did over HP's LOL!

Moni
Old 05-22-2001, 04:36 AM   #7
Snoekie
Dungeon Master

Yeah well....that's all fine and dandy that after changing roles you COULD, in theory, after a 1000 times people did NOT recieve it, get more than ONE hp.
btw, this is not to attack you Sazerac, please don't get me wrong, I'm just very dissapointed with this part of the game.
Question: Do I understand correctly that your paladin got 1 hp every time she leveled until lvl 7? Say it ain't so

My Gourk lvl 5 warrior with 39 hp recently was promoted to Barbarian.
He leveled up just now and simply got ONE point in just 2 things!!
One hp and skill point. The 1 point in skill I can live with but the 1 hp is ridiculous! And is the fact that I cannot change his attributes all of a sudden also a new "feature" upon playing a new role?
He worked hard to become a barbarian and they supposed to be getting the best hp on leveling of all roles. Upon role ascension you should get stronger, not weaker.
My wizard happened to level right before him and got TWO hitpoints, ONE attribute point and THREE skill points no less.
2 hp for a wizard (lowest hp of all) and 1 for a barbarian (highest hp of all)....how messed up can it get?

This makes no sense to me. Why does the game do this? I just started to like it after the whole "Can't even play the game on my own pc" debacle and now it starts giving a barbarian with AA+ HP less hp than a wizard with F.
I feel cheated...this is not good...

Snoekie

[This message has been edited by Snoekie (edited 05-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Snoekie (edited 05-22-2001).]
Snoekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 05:03 AM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

One of my characters got more than 1 hit point 'tween class changes. I just never thought much about it. I think once I got over the 1 hp per level thing- I enjoyed the game a lot more. The thing is, as you get further into the game, your characters become much more powerful than your opponents and hit points are really not that important anymore.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 05:27 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

I can confirm that but still... My Assassin got more than 1 HP/level 4 times during the whole game (level 75 at the end). Highly annoying.
The game simply rolls your HP from scratch whenever you level up. After role changing, your level is insufficient to get more than 1 HP. That's all.
Another note: It is not correct that you cannot get any attribute points after role change until you reach the the highest level reached previously. You can - very very seldom. On the other hand, you seem to get only 1 skill point until you reach the highest level attained previously. I haven't seen an exception.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 06:09 AM   #10
Snoekie
Dungeon Master

So in other words: What you get out of rolechanging is the possibilty to train new skills/magicschools but a 99% chance of crap hp, the possibilty of NO ability points at all and always 1 skill point.
Untill you reach your previous level that is....so now I feel bad when I level up too much in a certain role. That ain't right.
Not too mention that your stats don't do what they supposed to do. e.g. fortitude giving you better chance of more hp - intellect on more skill points.

Conclusion: Upon leveling you are not really growing more powerfull in all areas, it's a trade off.
Perhaps it all evens out in the end, but there is still lots of gaming time before that happens.
This can't be intended to work that way. Sounds buggy to me.

Anyways, I have reached my limit. It's a good game, it has potential and I started to get into it, but this is just plain wrong. Just one too many things that do not make any sense at all to me. Such a shame... but I am leaving the Gael Serran; it's just too annoying to have fun with.

Snoekie... dissapointed in the game but glad to have met such nice and helpfull people here on these boards because of it
I'll be hanging around a bit more, perhaps there will be a patch someday to correct these thing and I might give the game another try.
And there are always the other boards to visit. Perhaps one day a Morrowind board will be created, I'm looking forward to that game myself
Snoekie is offline   Reply With Quote