Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #11
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Default Re: WOW (World Of Warcraft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
I've quited this game 1 month ago. Have been playing single player games since then. Which is good cause I don't have anymore people and external forces withholding my progress and I can do whatever I damn well please.

This time though I definitely won't be coming back to the game, this is because I will not buy the new expansion pack.

Good riddance!
just do what I do and multibox!

That way you aren't relying on anyone else to perform but yourself
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Putricide down in 25 man, now 9/12. Blood Queen Lana'thel next week! Tomorrow I'm hoping we finally kill Lich King in 10 man...

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #13
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Many of you are talking about quitting WoW. I'm planning on starting it at the end of the year. Bad idea?
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:28 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
Many of you are talking about quitting WoW. I'm planning on starting it at the end of the year. Bad idea?
No. Starting something is never bad. I'm guessing most of the other guys got tired of the grind, the eternal journey towards more gear, more progression, etc. I'm not, I'm loving it. I'm with a really good guild though many of who I have become RL friends with and have visited in person (I've flown to Canada to meet up with a bunch of my guildies). Thats' what's kept my interest in the game so long - hanging with friends.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #15
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

A whole load of my friends play it. They've been telling me I should play it. I guess playing with them would make the experience more fun. But I've also been told that I have a MASSIVE amount of stuff to learn...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
A whole load of my friends play it. They've been telling me I should play it. I guess playing with them would make the experience more fun. But I've also been told that I have a MASSIVE amount of stuff to learn...
It's actually a lot easier now for new players than it was in the past. You should pick it up pretty quickly!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
It's actually a lot easier now for new players than it was in the past. You should pick it up pretty quickly!
It will be a labour of love picking up new things. It is hardly a chore to be pulled into Azeroth for the first time.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #18
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

So my friends won't be spending the rest of their lives explaining it to me. Well, that's good. I looked at the website, and it seems really interesting. I'm looking forward to starting. Any tips?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #19
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
So my friends won't be spending the rest of their lives explaining it to me. Well, that's good. I looked at the website, and it seems really interesting. I'm looking forward to starting. Any tips?
Just take things slow, as there is a LOT to learn.

Try and pick a server with people you know, but don't expect to play with them all the time, if they have been playing for a while you probably won't keep up.

As I sid, take it slow and read all the text, read all the quests and try and take in all the lore they have put together, it really is a gigantic and fascinating game.

Some parts are going to seem like a boring grind, but stick it out, as the end game is like a whole new game and can be immense fun.

Pick a class you enjoy and play it the way you enjoy it (there will always be some moron telling you how to play, just ignore them)

As for some tips about playing though;
*Picking a healer class (Priest/shaman/druid/paladin) or a tanking class (Warrior/paladin/druid) will get you into dungeon groups a lot quicker than the DPS classes.
*I generally advise new starters to pick a DPS class first so they can get a feel for the game before they try healing or tanking.
*Pick up a profession as soon as you feel ready (like skinning/herbing/mining, all can be learnt in various towns or major cities) as these can be leveled up while you are leveling and will be a huge help later on.
*The two main types of servers are PvP and PvE, PvE servers are servers where you cannot be attacked by the other faction unless you flag yourself or enter their hostile area's, PvP servers are obviously the opposite where you can attack anyone, anywhere (pretty much)
It would be wise to start off on a PvE realm, as being killed repeatedly can get old really fast, however some people like the challenge, and killing other players can also be pretty rewarding.
*The most important thing to do is just have fun.
The first time I played i got to lvl 42 and that took me over a year, I was doing what everyone told me and never learned anything or got anywhere so I got bored.

Anyways, there is far too much in this game for me to describe, the best thing you can do is kick off with the free trial, or get one of your playing friends to use the Recruit a Friend program so you can level together (When questing with that person, you each get triple experience, can teleport to each other, and the person that recruits you gets a sweet flying mount once you pay for two months.)
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: WOW (World Of Warcraft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post
Pick a class you enjoy and play it the way you enjoy it (there will always be some moron telling you how to play, just ignore them)
So true. Don't let people who have too much time on their hands tell you what spec you should be. The only time that should matter is in raiding and higher level stuff. That said, be open to advice about tweaking and optimizing your stats - but make sure you are enjoying the character with these changes. If not, change back. At the end of the day, it is YOU who have to spend time on this character - nobody else, so if you're not having fun you won't stick with it.