Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2002, 03:54 PM   #11
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx Steele:
One of the first things I want to do with it (probably a trite idea but one I have been waiting for for years) is the Keep on the Borderlands. Also there is a local shop that has DOZENS of the old modules. Eventually I want to recreate as many of them as I can.
Thats a cool idea Maxx! Dont forget the ultimate slaughterhouse-Tomb of Horrors!!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 10:53 PM   #12
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Laudan Marchant:
quote:
I think I'm going to try and make some connected modules. Start with the ones for new characters, then make the next for 4-6 level, then 7-9, and so on. I've been reading the World Builders guide and it makes the toolset seem even easier than I thought from using the beta.
Madriver,

How are you finding the World Builder's Guide? Is it worth the $20? More useful than the tutorials at the Vault? A copper common for your thoughts . . .
[/QUOTE]Well, I thought the scripting tutorials at the vault are very good, and as far as scripting the guide doesn't get much better...but the rest of the guide is great. They have a complete walk-through of making a module with examples and explanations of using almost all of the options in the toolset. They also include a lot of sample scripts which helps to advance what you learned in the scripting idiots lessons (yes, I am a scripting idiot [img]smile.gif[/img] ). At the end of the manual is a complete listing of every single creature available for placement, with stats and attack ideas for all of them.

Let me put it this way, once I have made several modules I think that I won't reference the guide that much, but until I get to that point I'll be using the guide a lot. See if you can borrow someones first, I read some posts where the person didn't like the builders guide, but these were mainly from expert programmers (I think they saw the scripting lessons and scoffed at the whole book, you know how these uppity computer geeks can be [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

In short, good book...me like.
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 11:08 PM   #13
DeSoya
Manshoon

I'm doing everything!!!!
Some people and I, here in Boulder are planning on doing some big world thingy like Scholarcs and Mod.
I also plan on doing a recreation of "In Search of Adventure" from the D&D basic set. Should be cool. I'll let you all know where it is if it turns out okay.

DeSoya