Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 05:54 AM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Of all the races and classes, which do you like the most, based on power, coolness, multiclassability, etc.? You can always post your top 2 favorites, and stuff like that.

For me, my favorite class is a tie between the cleric, due to their near-fighterlike power and huge supply of all-purpose spells, and the paladin, for their ability to take on a fighter of equal level any day, their nice multiclass options, their quest, and that you can build a party around them.

With races, its all drow. These guys have some of the best stats in the game, and are a perfect pick for just about any class. They make some of the best wizards, sorcerers, thieves, rangers, paladins, etc.

So, what about you guys?
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Class I actually like like the Druid.

Race I like the Drow.

[ 04-08-2005, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Race: Well, I adore the Drow, my dearest RP characters are Drow. I like the coolness, the looks, the story and everything about them. Tieflings come a close second, the story possibilities of a character planetouched in such a manner are endless. BG saga says it all [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Class: Wizard or Sorceror, altho I prefer Wizards. In PnP the differences are even more drastic, with he wizards getting Metamagic Second best are rogues.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Race : Aasimar, don't you just love having heavenly blood flowing inside ya? Don't you just love having a golden yellowish hair which makes you look like a Super Saiya?

Class : Fighter/Paladin, imagine dual wielding Holy Avenger. As a fighter you have also have the paladin's ability. An unstoppable fighting machine.

[ 04-10-2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

ROFL Kakero, glowing hair indeed... you even get the Kamehame 1/day.. altho it's red and doesn0t go from your hands but fromt he skies... but it's like it.. sorta [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Drow(such a cool race) or teifling (good resistances)
Sourcerer, since in all of my games, the sorcerer has scored teh highest kill count at almost every point in the game. Second is the mage.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
Sourcerer, since in all of my games, the sorcerer has scored teh highest kill count at almost every point in the game. Second is the mage.
I take it that you must use your sorc's spells profusely. My kill count leader is always my toughest tank, with the sorc usually being somewhere around #4 to #6, since I only tend to use spellcasting to support the tanks, not the reverse.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #8
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

I can't believe that you started a topic like this! Its never going to end!!!!!!!!!!

However,

I always liked the idea of a fighter/mage combo, its just the idea, in reality unless you have the Drakkas Chain, the character will be quite vulnerable, even if he can hit fairly hard with both his strength and arcane powers.

Race wise its would really depend on the character i am making. In the fighter/wizard combo i would go for the drow. It makes the character seem like a sort of Jedi! Especially when you start ripping apart enemies!

Imagine a huge group of goblins heading towards you...fireball to kill a few, they get closer...sunfire, use swords to kill a goblin that got too close, then Ice storm, then when they start running, power word kill/death, and finally stop that straggler with disintegrate or flesh to stone!

OH YES CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #9
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowolf03:
I can't believe that you started a topic like this! Its never going to end!!!!!!!!!!
So? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:47 AM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
I take it that you must use your sorc's spells profusely. [/QUOTE]Of course. See it, blast it.
My tank usually has one of teh middle count.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote