Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
norman
Welcomed New User

I am going into Chapter 6 of Icewind Dale (no heart of winter).I am just leaving Wyrm's Tooth via the three caves on the outside small screen. The bottom right hand cave leads you into Lower Dorn's Keep, the left hand cave back into the slave quarters, the north position leads you to the map screen. I have no problem with the left cave or the map screen exit...my trouble lies with the lower right cave enterance to Lower Dorn's Keep. Everytime I enter the cave a dialog box pops up stating "An assertion failed in infinity .cpp at line nu ber 1763. Programmer says:demand for WED file failed". I am using game version V1.3.062915 (with patch). Does this error mean that I can no longer complete this game??? I hope not so close to the end. Kindly help if you can. Many Thanks.
Norman
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

norman,

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . Welcome to the IWD forum! . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

The best patch I can recommend is to install Heart of Winter (which you should be able to find for like 5 bucks on eBay) and then download (free) and install Trials of the Luremaster. But supposing for the moment that you do not want to avail yourself of such excellent advice....

What patch did you install? Did the game say it was patched or did you download a patch? If I remember corectly, 1.41 is the the latest and best patch if you do not patch using HoW/TotLM.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 03-31-2005, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
Midget Gems

Hi there, Norman, looks like you have the same problem that Gryphon from California had, just the other day. This is a bug that is unique to CD's made in the UK, so what they are doing over in the good old USA is a bit puzzling. Fortunately there is a fix available.

So go to one of the technical support sites such as PlanetBaldursGate.com or Sorcerers.net and get the UK patch that fixes 'Assertion Error 1763'.
Good luck, MG
Old 04-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
norman
Welcomed New User

Thanks Guys. I tried Midget Gems sugestion since all I had to do was download the UK patch.....and it worked. Thanks Midget!
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
Midget Gems

Always glad to help - now if my party ever need to get into Lower Dorn's Deep it will be a miracle!