Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 05:17 AM   #111
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well you Kiwis can go on winning as long as you like on 2 conditions...... when u play us u lose...... and If it is a ladder competition then u must lose enough times for us to come 1st..... otherwise be my geust win as much as u like
Old 01-20-2002, 05:35 AM   #112
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sookma - it would be great if you said something else, you know, give us your wonderful views on something, tell us why you think our cricket team sucks - seriously, anything - that's the 3rd or 4th time on this thread alone that you have made the same post - be aware that [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] ing for ranks is a serious no-no that is frowned upon by the powers that be.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:41 AM   #113
Glorfindel

Nah davros he did it so that I could have a look at the coding to do stuff like that..... but its good 2 know that u r a spamming sentinel... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Note to Self: Dont spam on the same thread as Davoros, if I dont want a lecture....

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]

Old 01-20-2002, 05:55 AM   #114
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I'm not a spamming sentinel Glorfindel, but I made comment on the "brevity" of his posts the previous (think 3rd) time he did it - this time I figured perhaps that subtety had been missed. I encourage participation, and want to stress this is not a personality issue - just emphasising the repetitiveness of it all.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:59 AM   #115
Glorfindel

Ok that sounds fair enough.... ( sry if u think that was [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] )
Old 01-20-2002, 06:07 AM   #116
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The good news is that Bichel just yorked Kluesner - my goodness, the Aussies may finally post a win in the One Day competition. It's not over yet, but the signs are good for once .
Old 01-20-2002, 06:11 AM   #117
Glorfindel

Now it seems that Sookma's spam would come in use..... Go Aussie Go....

If we dont win this then I think I will have lost all faith in our 1-day team
Old 01-21-2002, 12:00 AM   #118
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
My friends... in the immortal words of one Bill Lawry - it was all happening. It was a big crowd in; the Gabba was a vista.

The crowd was apprehensive, yet hopeful. Mark Waugh scored a run, surely enough to tide him over for another couple of years, but was out cheaply. The fans' favourite Matt the Bat looked strong, but also faltered. With Punter and Martyn at the crease, we were holding our breath. Their running between the wickets and easy turn-over of the strike filled hope in everyone, the mood was buoyant, only slightly dimmed by the fact that it appeared to be year 3's day out in the rows in front. The replay screen posted a warning that anyone participating in the Mexican wave would be evicted. Immediately following, the wave made two rounds of the Gabba. We sighed with Punter's dismissal, and commiserated with another crowd pleaser, Symmo's wicket. With Tugga's arrival we were hesitant, but his 22 off 19 created a frenzy. At tea the crowd was excited.

McGrath and Gillespie were being thrashed, the dismissal of double O Gibbs only slightly lessening the crowd's anxiety. Bichel, man of the Gabba, filled us with hope. The crowd booed as Pidge dropped a sitter, though cheered as he made amends with Kirsten edged behind. The run rate was slowing, the crowd was on their feet. Another round of the wave was instigated, the replay screen optimistically but futily warning us of the consequences. More runs were scored, but the wickets were steady, Symmo rising to the occasion. Warnie fielding in the deep excited the crowd, appreciating his athleticism and gazelle-like movements. Bichel bowled Kluesener, the crowd stood as one. In the 49th over, we stood waiting for the inevitable last wicket. Eye of the Tiger was on continuous play in everyone's head. Langeveldt's stumps crashed to the ground; we cheered.

I can't believe you were ever doubting us, Davros [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2002, 06:19 AM   #119
Davros
Takhisis Follower

What, me Aelia , I wasn't doubting, I was.....ummm, pining for the fjords - that's it [img]smile.gif[/img] - the fjords, and perhaps harking back to the crushing teams of yesteryear. All that reminiscing can catch up with old guys like me [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Great to hear you were at the game - sort of expected you would be . Tell me - were YOU as confident all the way through me darlin?

Long weekend next week - 3 days away from the plant and the lap top computer..... now if I could just unload the mobile phone onto someone else I might get a moment's peace. How's your Wiz 8 game going AJ, I have finally made it to Rapax Rift .
Old 01-28-2002, 06:12 AM   #120
Glorfindel

**BUMP**