Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 08:21 PM   #91
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
No no no, Glorfindel. You misunderstand the point of the thread! This is not a competition between Australia and England (and I think Donut is very thankful for that [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). We merely are rejoicing in our victories and commiserating our few losses. Now if some of our wins are in massively English-dominated 'sports' such as darts, which Donut and colleagues had been clinging onto as their last bastion of sports supremacy it certainly is not very polite for us to laugh about their embarrassing defeat. In fact, I think Davros might have some Fosters handy for Donut to wash down that humble pie I noticed he baked - you see? We're all friends here
Old 01-15-2002, 08:30 PM   #92
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ohhhhh..... I was gonna really enjoy telling the Poms how much betta we r [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2002, 04:45 AM   #93
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
No no no, Glorfindel. You misunderstand the point of the thread! This is not a competition between Australia and England (and I think Donut is very thankful for that [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). We merely are rejoicing in our victories and commiserating our few losses. Now if some of our wins are in massively English-dominated 'sports' such as darts, which Donut and colleagues had been clinging onto as their last bastion of sports supremacy it certainly is not very polite for us to laugh about their embarrassing defeat. In fact, I think Davros might have some Fosters handy for Donut to wash down that humble pie I noticed he baked - you see? We're all friends here

Great to hear from you again Aelia - life was starting to lose its' lustre without you . Hmm, the Poo against Canada Greg tonight - the last big Aussie hope - go Poo!!!!

I see that the Australian Tax office are looking to reward our new Darts hero with a massive tax bill and loss of his disability pension. Seems that they want to consider his Darts as a profession rather than a hobby. What a pack of wowsers (I would have said W*NKERS, but I thought I would tone the language down ).

Hi Glorfindel - shame on you - Leyton is a South Australian after all. I thought he was badly mis-represented in the media today. All I heard today was Leyton slams the interruption as a shocker. I listened to the full interview on ABC radio live, and the media were very keen to play up that angle. Leyton was very low key on it all the way through - he answered the question very plainly and without intensity - yes I thought it was a bit of a shocker - we should look at that rule. The three or four other times the media pack tried to get the attention back on the incident he simply said - sorry, I have answered that already - you can get the answer from the transcripts - the media were quite obvious in trying to start a fire.

Oh, and we usually look to be current with breaking news on this thread - you don't have to play the game that way, it's just that major participants (AJ, Donut and myself) usually do. Marks are awarded for cleverness, irony, satire, and artistic impression. Oh, and I suppose that I should mention that Spam and or rudeness is rewarded by - um - PINK - have you umm met PINK - watch out, I'm told she bites [img]smile.gif[/img] . Welcome, and enjoy.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:10 AM   #94
Davros
Takhisis Follower

A little quiet please - this is a solemn moment. All Australian involvement with the Men's singles title ended within 3 days at the Australian Open - Yup, that means the big bad Canadian whooped the Poo .

I guess sometimes you're the windscreen, and sometimes you're the bug!!! Splaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:32 AM   #95
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Hi Donut [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Now go the Poo! Your imported Canadian won't know what hit him, isn't that right Davros?

Hi AJ, welcome back. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I really enjoyed the journey to work today after hearing about Greg the Brit beating Phillipussy. If I had known that you had dug a big, big hole for yourself I would have been even happier.

Are there any more Aussies left in?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-16-2002, 05:35 AM   #96
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
A little quiet please - this is a solemn moment. All Australian involvement with the Men's singles title ended within 3 days at the Australian Open - Yup, that means the big bad Canadian whooped the Poo .

I guess sometimes you're the windscreen, and sometimes you're the bug!!! Splaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!.

And today I am the windscreen.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-17-2002, 06:00 AM   #97
Donut
Jack Burton

Australia v New Zealand. Mark Waugh run out for a duck. The chant goes out. (With apologies to Edwin Starr)

Waugh!
What was he out for?
Absolutely nothing!
Say it again!

Old 01-17-2002, 06:44 AM   #98
Glorfindel

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

Great to hear from you again Aelia - life was starting to lose its' lustre without you . Hmm, the Poo against Canada Greg tonight - the last big Aussie hope - go Poo!!!!

I see that the Australian Tax office are looking to reward our new Darts hero with a massive tax bill and loss of his disability pension. Seems that they want to consider his Darts as a profession rather than a hobby. What a pack of wowsers (I would have said W*NKERS, but I thought I would tone the language down ).

Hi Glorfindel - shame on you - Leyton is a South Australian after all. I thought he was badly mis-represented in the media today. All I heard today was Leyton slams the interruption as a shocker. I listened to the full interview on ABC radio live, and the media were very keen to play up that angle. Leyton was very low key on it all the way through - he answered the question very plainly and without intensity - yes I thought it was a bit of a shocker - we should look at that rule. The three or four other times the media pack tried to get the attention back on the incident he simply said - sorry, I have answered that already - you can get the answer from the transcripts - the media were quite obvious in trying to start a fire.

Oh, and we usually look to be current with breaking news on this thread - you don't have to play the game that way, it's just that major participants (AJ, Donut and myself) usually do. Marks are awarded for cleverness, irony, satire, and artistic impression. Oh, and I suppose that I should mention that Spam and or rudeness is rewarded by - um - PINK - have you umm met PINK - watch out, I'm told she bites [img]smile.gif[/img] . Welcome, and enjoy.

Hi Davros [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] ... sry bout getting it all wrong

Newayz.... On a more happy note of the cricket gillispe with that beatiful bit of bowling took the Kiwi out quite Nicely .... Did we win???? I stopped watching when it got to 2/35, I couldnt bear watching us lose AGAIN [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2002, 06:56 AM   #99
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:

Hi Davros [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] ... sry bout getting it all wrong

Newayz.... On a more happy note of the cricket gillispe with that beatiful bit of bowling took the Kiwi out quite Nicely .... Did we win???? I stopped watching when it got to 2/35, I couldnt bear watching us lose AGAIN [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Glorfindel you are like a gift from the gods for me. Davros is going to flip when he sees your post.

No you didn't win, you were thumped again by the mighty Enzedders.
Davros is noticeable by his absence.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:06 AM   #100
Glorfindel

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Glorfindel you are like a gift from the gods for me. Davros is going to flip when he sees your post.

No you didn't win, you were thumped again by the mighty Enzedders.
Davros is noticeable by his absence.

Mayb i should leave the country Aelia....... because i get a feeling that 4 the next day or so it isnt going to b very safe