Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 11:45 AM   #1
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yep, there it was early this morning, walked into EB and was sitting right on the front shelf. In and out in 1 minute with TOB ready to play!

You all are going to have fun with this one, im installing it now. And some juicy tidbits for you, nothing from the game, but simply from the rulebook so you have an idea what kind of fun stuff to expect.

TOB will add 3 new chapters onto the end of Baldur's gate 2. Chapters 8, 9, and 10 will take you through the rest of TOB. In addition to the 3 new chapters, you will have the new 6 level mega dungeon located on the map, where you will experience major foes, major items, and major traps. So stock up, and go to town.

The classes have new changes and new abilities to most of them, probably everyone has already heard of some of the new warrior changes, well there are new changes to many other classes also.

Bards and thieves get some new abilities at higher levels. New Alchemy skill which lets them create potions 1/day.
The new Avoid death ability helps thieves resist deadly traps and death magic
The new Assassination ability, i won't tell you what this is, but just think of it as backstabbing, without having to backstab. Enough said on this major skill.
Evasion, lets thieves and bards dodge deadly attacks better

BARDS! YOU GET SOME GREAT NEW POWERS! No longer is the bard the guy left behind, with the new abilities, they get the new skills of the thieves PLUS skills only bards can use. They can magically create new instruments to play, they can magically strengthen their existing bard songs to make them into super battle songs.

You thieves and bards better stock up, it looks like you got a ton of extra skills, set advanced traps, create scrolls, etc.

Mages and Priests will gain new spells, including Quest level spells. Consider these level 10 spells for mages, and level 8 spells for priests, spells beyond the norm. I assume you can only get these spells by doing something special in the game. There are a bunch of them too many to list here.

And now for the wild mages, the new class. Sounds very interesting. Basically a wild mage is like a regular mage, but each time he/she casts a spell, there is a 5% chance of the unexpected happening. When this does, there is a new chart that will give you the new effect.

3 spells for the wild mage are there. level 1 spell basically lets you cast wild magic (100 percent chance for a reckless spell). And there are 2 shield spells which raise the percentage of your wild magic being beneficial.

Some new things your wild magic may do if it goes wild. There are dozens and dozens of effects that can happen. You might have your sex, skin color, or other changes occur. You might have all your gold blasted into microbes, you might start to hear music? or start to hiccup. You might have monsters summoned, gain temporary stats, your sword might start to glow, the target might be held, confused, have a cow fall on him, TONS of stuff.

Thats all your going to get from me, the manual is short and direct, you'll have to find out the rest of the stuff ingame, cause the manual isn't going to give you any hints. So load it in, and take off.

Im going to head into TOB with my superparty. I have 5 fighter/mages and a cleric/thief who are going to tackle TOB. 5 fighter/mages are just going to level anything in front of them. They were so powerful linked that when I was bored I was summoning 3 dragons for them to fight and test tactics out on. And I won. They better throw more than 3 dragons at me at a time or TOB isn't going to be left standing when my rainbow mages hit it. Plus now I have 9th level spells, so they better make it 6 dragons.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:56 PM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Hey Ive just bumped up my thread for ya
there is a new TOB forum now for this stuff so it means you cant spoil by accident

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."