Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2000, 07:28 PM   #1
Artea

what the heck does turn undead do???
Old 12-04-2000, 12:59 AM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi Artea, depending on the level of your Cleric, Turning undead may either cause undead creatures to run away, and sometimes even die. Some Undead don't seem to be affected though, but it is definately useful.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 01:43 AM   #3
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Turning undead allows a cleric to "channel" godly power in order to drive away or destroy utterly all undead creatures. The more powerful the undead (vampire, lich) the harder they are to affect. They may even get saves at those levels. The cleric does have some limits on the numbers of undead he can affect.
Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 07:34 AM   #4
Spiny Norm

Something worth mentioning is that Evil Clerics( ie Viconia) will actually cause Undead to join the party much like a summoned creature. I managed to get a group of Vampires that attacked me to fight amongst themselves.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:49 PM   #5
VladDrac
Elite Waterdeep Guard

dudes, i know this is old news, but i didn't know what the turn undead button does either! i just forced a bad motherfucker linch to join my party hahahaha too bad i discovered the real function of this on the 5th chapter.. this could have been soooo useful on hard battles! thanks anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]
VladDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:55 PM   #6
masteraleph
Elminster

Hmmm yeah...I'm trying to build up my cleric right now (9th level ranger/14th level cleric)...I want to see if I can get Templar to a point that I can just walk into Bodhi's lair in chapter 6 and blow the Vampires apart (and, if that doesn't work, then do that in Saradush in the old jail)
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 06:06 PM   #7
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

nothing like turning a liche with an evil cleric to make those lovely 9th level mage spells availiable to you
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 04:03 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

To Masteraleph: It depends on your level. I suspect the game that your Turn Undead level (i.e., your level in the case of clerics) must be greater than the level of the turned undead if you want to suceed in turning. The greater is the difference between your Turn Undead level and the monster level the higher is your chance to destroy the undead. Let us note that liches have level 20 - 26.
My experience. I like to play a party of three dual class characters so that my level is 25 or so when it comes to the final deal with Bodhi. My ranger/cleric can enter the lair, leave the rest of the party near the exit and stroll the lair with Turn Undead active. All vampires, wraiths and similar monsters get destroyed immediately. They have no chance. Bodhi seems to be protected from Turn Undead - I have never succeed in turning her. Also those warriors formed from a skull, shield and sword are immune to turning undead.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:37 AM   #9
eLLithid
The Magister

I never like to use Turn Undead... Just slice their heads off and play soccer... it is much more fun that way!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

PEACE
Old 05-29-2002, 10:49 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by eLLithid:
I never like to use Turn Undead... Just slice their heads off and play soccer... it is much more fun that way!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

PEACE
I agree. I do like the ability, but it almost never works, so I usually do as eLLithid.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote