Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 04:26 PM   #1
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am pretty much finished with this area but I do have a couple of unanswered questions;

1. In the room North of the lich that is like a library, there is a locked door. where do I get the key for this door?

2. I have the scroll of banishing for Adrianna but forgot to give it to her before I left the castle. Which gift of hers is best to take: the ring or skill.

Is it worth going back there for these 2 things?

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:31 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The door in the study only opens from the other side - you could have gotten there by exiting the Lich's music room via the stairs at the back.

I, personally, didn't find either of the Vamp's gifts worth while. The "skill" is to become a Vamp yourself. She doesn't give you a ring - but a key which, as far as anyone can tell, isn't needed.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:34 PM   #3
Balgin
Elminster

1.I don't know how to open the door (maybe Adrianna's key?).
2.She claims to give a ring or a key to the treasure chamber, figuring that a ring that "is an artifact of great power" (her words, not mine), would probably make me powerful enough to obtain the treasure (and being financialy well off at the time) I opted for the ring. When she turned nasty I discovered that upon her death the ungiven item was not on her body, I felt cheated.

I'd say that it might be worth going back (the scroll doesn't work and the other Vampires attack her. If you attack one of them the others ignore you until you go for them. One at a time you can destroy the foul spawn of evil).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:36 PM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

Wyvern how dare you!!!! I was smugly preparing to type in "First answer, at last I beat Wyv to it" when I saw the questions and answered them honestly.Firstly she offers Vampirism and then the second reward (regardless of wether you accept the first) is a choice of the ring or the key. Damn you and your speed typing

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:44 PM   #5
kaythen
Dungeon Master

The key opens the door in the library, but what is in there isn't all that. I picked the lock but it isn't easy.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:06 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The lock is a Level 12 lock. You need at least Level 10 Traps & Locks skill + a good dexterity, or at least level 7 Traps & Locks with a 5th level lockpick (7+5=12) to get in.

And, Kaythern, I agree it really isn't worth it. You would think that for the hardest lock to open in the whole game that there would have been some kind of artifact behind there! Sheesh.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:39 PM   #7
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all for the info. I am sure I will be going back only because I have this need to do everything possible in a game.

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote