Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 03:49 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm currently working my way through BG for the second time and I'm trying to "add" a few items I found at Arundor's Abode. So far, though, all my attempts have been unsuccessful.

I've played around with Shadowkeeper in BG2 with some good results, but I'm either skipping a step or two, or just simply doing something wrong.

When I try to download the item from Arundors, do I OPEN the file, or SAVE it to my computer?

Once I have the file, I should be able to add the TGB file with Gatekeeper, but when I Open it, the only options available are:
1) Open a Saved game
2) Export a character
3) Save

No option available to add TGB files.

So.....what am I doing wrong?
Old 09-19-2002, 03:52 AM   #2
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

i'm not com whizz (sorry!!!) i just wanted to ask u what is this Shadowkeeper i keep hearing about??? and what does it do and where can i get it.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:39 AM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric

Shadowkeeper, Gatekeeper, and Dalekeeper are software editors that allow you to directly change several aspects of characters in the various BG-genre games.

You can alter the stats, proficiencies, classes, abilities, spells, items, etc of any character in the games you're currently playing.

For instance, I used Shadowkeeper (for BG2) to change Minsc's proficiencies from 2-hand sword to hammers. I also changed his fighting proficiency from "one weapon style" to "two weapon style". I then gave him Crom Fraeyr and a second "Hammer of Thunderbolts" (which I also added using Shadowkeeper). Now he is a walking freight train of destruction.

All of these editors can be downloaded from the "other side" of Ironworks (ie, the "game help" sites.

Gatekeeper is used for Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast.
Shadowkeeper is needed for BG2 and Throne of Baal.
Dalekeeper works for the IceWind Dale series.

Arundor's Adobe is a fantastic site with several "non-standard" weapons, armor, spells, and other items that you can download and add to your games. Some are mega-powerful, but others can be added and still maintain game balance. Just depends on your preferences.

You can find the Adobe here: http://arundor.cjb.net/

As for Shadowkeeper (and the others). They are available here: http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...2/cheats.shtml

That address will take you to the "cheats" for Baldur's Gate 2. For Gatekeeper or Dalekeeper, just go down the list under IronWorks Network and click on the appropriate game. Then click on the Cheats button. (For BG1, you have to choose the "Add On Cheats" option to find Gatekeeper).
Old 09-19-2002, 01:47 PM   #4
Keraptisdm
Elminster

I have not used any of those Cerek, so I can't help you. I just wanted to say that I like your sig.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:40 PM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric

Thanks Keraptisdm.

I made it using Paint Shop Pro 7 to alter a photo I downloaded off the web. Everything that is blue in the picture was pink in the original. I also outlined the cross and enhanced it a little to bring it into sharper focus.

That's about the extent of my editing skills though.

AFA the Gatekeeper issue, I'm sure it must be something simple that I'm doing wrong. I was able to use Shadowkeeper with BG2 with almost NO problems whatsoever. I'm not trying to unbalance the game...I just found a few nice items I would like to have.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:11 PM   #6
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Hiya Cerek. First you save it to your computer and unzip it later. For the next part, you'll need TeamBG's IEEP in the 1.04 version (I think), that's the Infinity Engine Editor Pro'. The reason for this is that files for IE games will be stored in various formats. For items, it will be in either IAP or TBG.

Using IEEP, you can open the Infinity Add-on Patcher to open the files that you have downloaded. You'll see an 'import IAP/TBG' button under the menu choice labelled: Infinity Add-on Patcher. This will allow you to open the files and it will sort/store them in their relevant formats. (Items have a .itm suffix on the file.)

Once you've installed all of the add-ons that you want, you can either check them out in Gatekeeper, or CLUA them into your game. Be warned, little things such as having invalid references on an item's text (for when you examine it by right-clicking) will cause the game some upset. Possibly even crash. Not all of the items can be 100% reliable.

PM me if you need to ask anything more.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:39 PM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric

Thanks, Lord Brass!

I knew I was forgetting something simple. I kept looking for the "Import TBG" button in Gatekeeper (slaps forehead).

I've never had any problems with items from Arundor's - and some of them are Verrry Nice!

I'll give it another go tonight. Thanks again.

SUCCESS!!!! I'm now "loaded for bear". Thanks again, Lord Brass

[ 09-19-2002, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]