Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
Charles the Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello again, fellow adventurers. Have beat Poquelin several times and have found that the end movie keeps hanging up. I can play the movie from the "Movie" menu and it still has hangups. In any case, I can't seem to find clear information on how my quest ends and the start of HOW and/or TOTL begins. Plus, is it too late to go back to the Severed Hand and deliver the birds, seeds, and squirrels I so nicely bought? Once I'm in the tower, I can't leave, anyways. I'm sure some of you have been there. Tell me what you know. I have all the patches installed, even TOTL- all ready to go. Best regards.
Charles the Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:51 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hi Charles,

I'm not sure what to do about your endmovie hangups if you're fully patched and you're sure you have the right ones. Try the whole "back up saved games, reinstall and clean out cache" technique. And when you come back to the game, make sure you pick a savegame dating from before the room with Poquelin in it. If that doesn't work for you, I'm stumped.

Anyway, here's some other info:

HoW starts when you open a certain door in Kuldahar. You can start it at anytime during your regular game until you reach the point of no return, when you are teleported by Poquelin. If you want the tasty experience for returning the birds, seeds, squirrels, and barrel of pure water to the Hand, you need to do it before that point as well.

TotL starts when you are partway through HoW. The catalyst is a character in the village tavern. You must do it before you take the boat across the Sea of Moving Ice.

Note that you can refuse to do the expansion when you first talk to the "triggers", and you can come back to it at a later date.

You can also export your characters and start an "expansion only" game, if you wish - the startup menu has that option.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #3
Charles the Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Aerich, I knew you'd come through. I was able to make the ending "stick" enough that I got to the credits. Then I started an expansion game. I'm also going to go back to an earlier save to do the return to the Hand.
Charles the Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:54 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

You're welcome Charles, glad it worked for you. That's good news.

And for the expansion... make sure you put on your undead-kickin' boots. Enjoy!