Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2003, 01:38 AM   #1
IronDragon
Elminster

This is my first time going through SoA as a monk at the moment he and Iomen are cleaning up chateau Irenicus. I’m debating about my future party make up, specifically whether to take Keldorn or Valygar along for the ride. In the past I’ve taken Valygar pretty much as a given and never been disappointed. Equipped with the shadow dragon armor and dual wielding celestial fury and daystar he can cut through almost anything. I’ve never used Keldorn much, largely because I love playing as an inquisitor and two paladins in a group seems like overkill.

opinions please

Projected party:
PC Monk
Yoshimo / Imoen
Anomen
Nalia
Solaufein
Valygar OR Keldorn
Old 02-06-2003, 01:47 AM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

keldorn, can use the Casomyr and is generally a better fighter. Just give him the gloves of dex.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:49 AM   #3
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Given the rest of the party composition it seems perfectly sensible to choose Keldorn. With Gauntlets of Dexterity and a good plate mail he will be a really good tank.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:19 AM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

There was a thread a little while ago that detailed stealing Valygars armour and wearing it on your monk...

Whatever else happens, I'd do that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2003, 03:32 AM   #5
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Keldorn, simply for providing all the True Sights and Dispel Magics you'll ever need. You don't want to fill your mage or cleric slots with Dispel Magic and True Sights when there are so many far better spells on those levels.

[ 02-06-2003, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 02-06-2003, 03:55 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Keldorn, simply for providing all the True Sights and Dispel Magics. You don't want to fill your mage or cleric slots with Dispel Magic and True Sights when there are so many far better spells on those levels.
And ofcourse the fact that Keldorn dispels at twice his level...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I might suggest Valygar, for the sheer joy of using his Ranger's THAC0 in your Backstabs, especially with Montolio's Cloak. Also, Keldorn is less desirable, as you already have Anomen in the party, thus having to choose who gets the Gauntlets. You're also going to have plenty of True Sights and Dispel Magics, what with Nalia, Imoen, AND Solaufein.

However, you say that you've used Valygar pretty often in the past. Therefore, take Keldorn.