Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 08:10 PM   #1
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Everyone knows about CTRL+Q/J/R etc... but do you know about these?

CTRL + 6/7
This is funny and 'useful' at the same time. It changes the selected characters model on the main gaming screen, but keeps the stats the same. This is so funny; no one expects a chicken to have monk like abilities .
Also, I guess you could create a party of dragons, then change them to all rabbits or something - try roleplaying that!

There were also some that weren't used in the game (or I haven't seen them). There were at least 9 colors of dragon - purple, multicolor, brown, blue, aqua, green, silver, black and red. I'm sure all these weren't in the game.

Also there were things I've never heard of like; Hula Wizard (these look cool, I can't believe they aren't in the game), Lich blach (ditto) and Shamlbling Mound (looked very like a greater earth elemental, but a different color). I'm not sure why these are in the game, any ideas?

CTRL + 4 Highlights doors and other moveable objects in a blue box

CTRL + 9 Show all animated bits on the screen

CTRL + T Shifts time on

CTRL + S This is another funny one. I lets you choose an action for a specific character like dying or attacking. Then you press CTRL + A and the animation is performed. You don't die or attack, it just shows what happens. Can be quite funny for certain things.

I couldn't work out exactly what these ones do;

CTRL + CSeems to show day to night and night to day films. I'm not sure what the actual effect is.

CTRL + LShakes the screen, as in critical hit or earthquake. No other effect though.

CTRL + 1Says something about armor level, it increases it from 1 to 4.

CTRL + 3Blacks screen out, then everything comes back as it was.

CTRL + DI think this might show the framerate, but there a 3 numbers, which don't really seem related.

CTRL + BSeems to alter speed. Not sure of what though.

CTRL + NMakes screen go red, then returns to normal.

CTRL + MOpens up the command line box, but when you type something in, only information about the area is dislayed, eg likleyhood of rain.

Ok, these aren't all exactly useful, and are just in there for when the game was tested, but there is something funny about watching a dracosquirrel taking out a vampire cow.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
KittyGal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wuts Cntrl+K/J/R/Q whatever do? One of them is autokill I think...

Do you have to put debug mode=1 in the Ini?
Old 06-19-2001, 08:37 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The Shambling Mound IS in the game, I think you can summon it with an item you find in the Trademeet Druid Grove quest.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:38 PM   #4
ravensong
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Shambling mound was in the game. They are summoned from the staff that you are given after summoning the Avatar. They make surviving the initial onslaaught of Demons in the final battle MUCH easier. The staff has 20 charges of them but can only be used by Druids.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:44 PM   #5
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

And Rangers, unintentionally.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:47 PM   #6
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yes some fun stuff. I would think some computer genius out there could figure out how to make up some cool kits and characters in the game. I hear someone is making up a LICH kit, if you can get the lich animation to play it would be great. Have a evil lich mage as your main character.
Or A orc archer, (ranger archer with a orc graphics), some other cool stuff. I totally expect that after TOB is finished, alot of people will make up their own games and such once some nice editors get out, kinda like the way DOOM was xeroxed by everyone.

So the next thing you might see is the Baldur's gate Player module 1. With new races and classes you can play.. The Drow, the mindflayer, the lich, the gith, etc. etc.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:20 AM   #7
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by KittyGal:
Wuts Cntrl+K/J/R/Q whatever do? One of them is autokill I think...

Do you have to put debug mode=1 in the Ini?
Yep you need debug mode=1 in the ini.

Ctrl-J Teleports selected party members to cursor.
Ctrl-Q Forces any character to join your party.
Ctrl-R Either insta kills whatever is under cursor or heals your entire party