Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 09:18 AM   #1
Grunt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello,

at first i want to thank the programming guys for their great work.
Keep on going.
I have made some walls for dungeoncraft and will make them avaible at Giga FTP Archive.
I hope you will find them useful.
I am really missing some good artwork for Dungeoncraft, now i am converting old Frua Stuff into DC but the Artwork in DC could be a lot better, than the old Frua Stuff.
Is there any Way to use the traits, skills and special attacks (petrifying gaze, dragon breath, level drain all that cool monster stuff) and will your engine support these features. I really miss them.
You use a Textfile for baseclass and classes, does it mean i can create my own classes and how does it work ?
If i make my own class with the template, the programm stops then i try to create a character.
I hope you can answer my questions and keep up your great work.

Bye Grunt
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 09:19 AM   #2
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

Someone converted some of the FRUA artwork for use in DC. I recall a zip with FRUA monsters, and one with either walls or backdrops. It should all be on the MagicMirror. The GIGA archive is mirroring the MM, but I don't know if that includes DC files or only UA files. The MM also gives us permission to upload DC files.

The MagicMirror link:
http://frua.dns2go.com/DC/

The spells will be configurable and scriptable so that you should be able to simulate any spell you want. All spells operate by modifying character attributes such as movement, status (ok,dead,etc), THACO, and so on. The typical spell data is still there too such as saving throws, targeting, etc.

At some point the baseclass/class/etc files will be used to customize races and classes. It may be a pipe dream, but we hope to allow rule customizations also. The files that are there now should not be changed yet. They are configured for UA defaults and the engine code is not equipped to handle any changes yet. We started that effort and then decided to finish the core features first.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote