Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

But are afraid you will say something which offends someone? Well I have the PERFECT place to do so!

I created a forum yesterday(which everyone's favorite IW poster AzureWolf moderates) is designed for ranting about things you hate. So far there is a rant on trolls, spam and afeew other things, feel freee to check it out and make a rant of your own.

http://strider.worldzone.net/forum.html
visit The Asylum and rant away.(the link may currently be dead2.24pm EST because I am in the process of working on afew scripts. It will be up post haste.)

------------------
I am YOUR omega.
Strider's Chambers - My website about roleplaying. Under HEAVY development.
The Shadow Network - My fairly well developed roleplaying community. Roleplaying open to everyone.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:39 PM   #2
Moni

Am I welcome there?

Moni

------------------

Old 06-22-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Am I welcome there?

Moni

only if you play nice

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
Moni

Hey! I can play nice!

I will wait for ShadowStrider's official permission before I go though.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-22-2001).]

Old 06-22-2001, 03:57 PM   #5
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Uh...Wasn't this thread an invite? Anyway For future reference. Yes this is a publis invite to come and rant.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:42 PM   #6
Moni

Well yes it is a public invitation but seeing as how you and I are such "special friends" I thought it would be better to ask before I visit it.

I wonder how much I'll see there is related directly to me without it being stated outright?

Seriously though, if I do post there, (and I doubt I will...beating around the bush about things is just not my style) it would only be on what irks me in general (like people saying derogatory things indirectly because they can't bring themselves to say it to someone's face ).
As far as the reason you made the forum, it serves no purpose to me. I don't hate anything or anyone.
Hate is a powerful emotion that is like a disease once you let it into your heart and mind...way too negative if you want to keep a healthy outlook on life.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-22-2001, 07:50 PM   #7
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
But are afraid you will say something which offends someone? Well I have the PERFECT place to do so!

I created a forum yesterday(which everyone's favorite IW poster AzureWolf moderates) is designed for ranting about things you hate. So far there is a rant on trolls, spam and afeew other things, feel freee to check it out and make a rant of your own.

Remember, don't post this to all the other forums, k? 1 is cool though!!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-22-2001, 08:00 PM   #8
Moni

Well I visited your site and it was exactly as I expected. LOL!

What a shame.

You can tell Godsbane that fact is fact, if it can't be backed up with fact, don't swear by it and if proven wrong, the adult thing to do is admit it and be done with it...no harm in learning a lesson or having self respect.
On top of that, when Kiwidoc listed symptoms of one illness that included obvious other illnesses it is a little hard to further take her seriously in her "professional" opinion. I won't further reply to that thread as it is a lost cause not to mention that my own former condition was belittled. I was insulted, as should anyone who has suffered from over twenty years of depression and told that they were just very very sad. I am glad I missed that particular response until yesterday...being done with it and having backed myself up with fact, there is no need to continue it.

Whoever BratGirl is, is mistaking me for Fljotsdale in the complaint dept.
I could care less who uses the word.

Nice to have a thread totally dedicated to me though.
Thanks!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-22-2001, 10:31 PM   #9
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Moni

Bravo, bravo!

Checked it out myself and I do have to say it does tend to lean toward you and your 'depression' thread.......hmmmmmmmm

Oh well, I don't want to make enemies, so I am letting this drop now......

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:25 PM   #10
Moni

I need no applause...it is quite obvious in the thread's "Title" and content.

I think it is cool that our younger forum members have a place to rant.
Much healthier than holding their anger in.

Someday, when they all grow up and (perhaps) feel sorry for some of the things they say there and want to apologize, it will be too late because some of their targets will be dead and/or gone, myself included. At least this way they know ahead of time that they have my blessings.
Heaven knows how bad I felt for treating older people badly when I was a child...with the help of schoolmates, we caused nervous breakdowns and influenced teachers into going back some grades, transferring to other schools, or quitting altogether. I can't make the apologies I would have liked to once I grew up and realized how wrong I was. I never had these people's blessings to speak ill of them or to them either. But I did learn forgiveness...toward others and myself.

I am not offended at the fact that other people have opinions that do not match my own, to be so would be too childish. (You know I can respect others opinions, but statements made as fact should be just that).

I will, however, address any insults made to my ingegrity here and I promise, Ziroc, that from here on out, I will try to maintain a written composure that reflects my sweet demeanor LOL...people always get the impression that I am far more upset than I am.
But, like I said, I won't post there...a site for hatred does not serve my purpose. I deal with anger when it hits me, in a more direct manner, and then I get over it.

My apologies to anyone who feels the need to walk on eggshells with me, it is certainly not the case...I am just blunt...been that way all my life and it never has served me well with people who need a "gentler" approach to things, but even in my "old" age, I am learning...I credit this board and its good members with that.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-22-2001).]