Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #21
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Nivram

"I'm not sure that you can trust me either," Nivram replied, shakily standing up. His earlier outburst still weighing heavily on his mind.

And then he spotted Jason just a few steps away.

"Oh, so I didn't actually kill you. What a pity." His intentions were clear, but he did not make a move. He was not sure what sorcery had came into play and what part each of them had played in it. Right now it was the time to trust no one and to turn his back to no one. Even if that meant leaving Jason alive for a few more minutes.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason sat up slowly, trying not to think.
I thought i was dead. He patted himself and laughed. im alive! Oh praise the gods! Oh...... he then relized he was not exactly in the company of friends, so he jumped to his feet and dusted himself off, ready for anything. The one who had stabbed him eyed him.
I really dont mean any of you any harm. he said confidently, rubbing the place where a stab wound should have been.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 AM   #23
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Telryn said nothing. Lying on the ground, hands over his face, he listened to the words of his 'comrades'. Whatever happened, a dream, an illusion, the repercussions were real. Jason had to carefully consider his words, and Nivram, he had to be watched the most.

As he stood up it was the first time the scent had entered his nostrils.

"That's not smoke," He said, sniffing up, "At least not from wood, but I cannot put my finger on it."

His thoughts fading from the smell of whatever had caused them to entered that dream world, physically or spiritually, he stared at the town as flames overcome it.

"We can stand here and fight until there are deaths, or we can go and see if we can do anything about *that*," Telryn said firmly, nodding his head in the direction of the town.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"Last I saw mobs were tearing that town apart. I don't see why we should risk our lives by going back there." Nivram sighed. "And I don't really see why we should care either. It's not like adventurers like us have to solve every single problem the world has."

"And I don't really see why you should be kept alive either," he said, turning towards Jason, "but somehow right now I have no wish to kill you. Thank whatever god you pray to for that."

Nivram bent down and took off one of his shoes, shaking a small pebble out from it before putting it back on.

"Then again, if you guys and mummy," he added looking at the others, winking at Isokla, but pointedly ignoring Jason, "want to save a town, we can save a town. Sure would be less strange than some of the things we've done since meeting up."
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #25
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

“Usually,” Isokla said softly, “I would suggest that we tried to save whatever unfortunate souls we could...” She had sat up by now, and was massaging her temples, “However,” She paused to stress the word, “these people tried to kill us. At the very least, they drugged us and themselves. I hope the damage will not be long lasting... but I fear we may be plagued for visions for some time.”

Isokla looked a lot paler than usual; a faint tinge of green around her mouth. Despite her calm tone, she seemed unsteady, shaky in body. Her eyes, as always, were observant though.
“We should move on, and leave this accursed place to bury their own dead.”
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #26
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason stepped forward and raised his voice a little, though he lowered his eyes.
My Lady, I know you may not think of me as a man, but as something lower. I relise that i have done some bad things. But as an ex-gaurdsman, i implore upon you to stay and help these people. I would go back and help in whatever way i might. Though i would be in your debt for many years if you would come and tend to whomever needed tending. Jason dropped to one knee and added. My Lady.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #27
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

The bright laugh of a young man sounded from near the river. But while it was high in pitch, it was fully lacking in respect.

"I ain't stopping any of you if you go back, but me, I'm happy to be gone. They threw knives and stuff!"

Some of the details were still fuzzy, but he remembered well enough that leaving had been plenty dangerous with the flames and confusion for their distraction. Walking back to Talryr now would be suicidal.

"Just listen to the woman, aye? Anyway, they got their own heroes inside that palisade. Might be they set some things right now that fake boroughmaster's not so well liked anymore."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

“Get away from me.” Isokla told Jason coldly, drawing herself to her full height,Consider you a man? Lower than a man? 'Bad things'? 'You in my debt'? You're already in my debt. You seem to believe I think of you at all - I don't.” A faint sneer touched her lips, and with a swish of her less-than-white dress, she whirled around and strode over to Ydalon, “Let us be on our way, my lord.” Her eyes flickered towards Jason pointedly, “And leave behind the dead weight - to become dead weight if they continue their folly.”

Now a tight smile curled at the corners of her mouth, “At least your feet are no longer that of a rabbit's.” Indeed, all of the others had returned to 'normal'...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #29
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

The boy looked down at were his feet used to be, and now were found once again.

"Yes, I think I'll miss those little hoppers.."

He looked up.

"Oi, you knew about those?"

Not giving it much thought before due to inconvenient distractions such as heaving and disorientation, Ydalon was fairly certain he hadn't told anyone of those yet. Did he mumble in his sleep? His companions looked too dazed to remember overhearing much of anything, relying on their adventurous-heroic instincts to guide them towards trouble until their heads cleared enough to think things out.

He turned his blue eyes upon Isokla.

"But you know that bandit? I really want to keep him...
"Can't he come with us? I'll make him walk every day."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #30
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"Make him walk every day. Hmph. Ain't that a punishment..."

Nivram glanced for several seconds at the road ahead of them.

"Unless we magically find horses or stumble upon a cart of hay that can take us along the road, we'll all be doing the same thing."