Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 05:07 PM   #1
Charlie
Lord Ao

I still can't find him. The Duergar reckon he's in a cave North of them and if I cast a freedom spell it will free him. I can find a sphere of lost souls, whenever I release someone they attack me. I've found and killed the creatures guarding the two portal things and I've found the place West off of that map with the Kua Tao or whatever they're called. I've done the Gnome bit but haven't found his boy yet. I've met Adalon and found the door to Drow City. I've also done the mind flayer section. Is this Mage cavern on the same map as the above? Or do I have to go off screen North to a new map?

Another thing that bugs me. I had to turn into the Slayer to open a door in the flayer bit, my rep' dropped by 2. Is there any other side effects of doing this?

Oh yeah, I nicked the light stone thing off of the Gnome guvnor and he copped the hump when he realised he'd been dipped. Will this have any adverse effects anywhere? Too bloody late now I know, I just can't stop meself sometimes. I'm real curious as to what may have happened if I'd of been a good boy.

A pointer or two would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:13 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

There should be three portals: air, fire, and earth. Try to cast the spell Freedom in the area (or passage way) between the three portals, the mage should appear nearby.

Yes. As a price for using the slayer form, your reputation will drop by 2 each time you turn slayer.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

Fanx.

Jeez that was a quick response, I was editing my post as you were answering.

Cheers.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:21 PM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spoiler

Just cast the freedom spell, after you just have bought it and go up. On the way to the sphere of lost souls, you will meet him.

I thought the boy was in the sphere of lost souls, but maybe you are talking about another boy that I have forgot.

The slayer is a super-monster. The side-effects that I noticed was that you lose 2 rep everytime you turn into it, and after being a slayer awhile, you will die. When you notice you are losing hp, you should immediately turn into a man.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:24 PM   #5
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Well...one by one:

- The mage is in the main map (where the elemental portals are). Just cast a freedom spell anywhere in this map and he will appear.
- There are 3 portals not 2. Just free the mage and you will see.
- I cant remember where was the gnome child, but i think i didnt do anything special to find him. Just play.
- You dont need to turn into slayer to open this door, just charm one of them with the amulets you get in the machine. Anyway, I dont know the side effects of becoming slayer.

Old 01-18-2001, 05:26 PM   #6
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Oh yes, that was it. The boy is in the sphere. Just try ALL the faces in the sphere, there are at least 4 monsters and the child.

Old 01-18-2001, 06:53 PM   #7
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks. I finally found the mage after casting 3 of my 4 freedom spells. Looking for the 3rd portal has cost a lot of time. Anyway, thanks to all.

One funny thing tho', even though I put all my own armour etc back on to talk to anyone, including the mage, they still treat me as a Drow.....is this right?

Fanx again.