Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #11
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

try a different company?
Old 06-18-2004, 10:44 PM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

What did HijackThis have to say about what was on your computer? That may point some things out...

Also, I'd go into your network dialup area, write down the phone numbers, and blow them all away. Then recreate them after rebooting. And consider going into IE (or whatever browser you have) and clicking on the "Restore Defaults" button. If worst comes to worst, you can also reinstall Windows -- take the "Repair Current Installation" option.

And failing that, I might find a computer that worked and Google for "Windows timeout for dialup".
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:29 AM   #13
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

well this computer works fine on it. I will be getting broadband in a couple of days, so this wont be an issue. But I still wana get it fixed.

Tried reinstalling, tried different number. Il post the log of Hijack this.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:59 AM   #14
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Ok no need for the logs now, guess what. It suddenly just started working again! Works fine now, kinda strange, but hey, Im not complaining
Old 06-21-2004, 02:07 AM   #15
Chewbacca
Zartan

Test. Im having trouble posting here. It hasn't worked since friday. I have tried new topics, but now I am trying to post in a topic to see if that works.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:01 AM   #16
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Right. Its started happening again, and I sent Bungleau the Hijackthis log, we didn't find anything revealing. Also deleted all the Norton stuff manually but still didn't help. But now I think I have come to a new conclusion. Debugging. I think it may be that, as sometimes when on the net debugging comes up and asks you to continue or break, you can't continue so you have to break. Now I don't really know anything much about debugging, but I was speaking to a programmer yesterday who told me that debugging should only be on my computer if I use programming tools such as Visual Studio. Which I don't think I have. So how can I get rid of debugging, because I am quite positive that is the problem?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're using IE, right? Go into Tools, Internet Options and look around. There's a checkbox in there somewhere for the debugger... in the Advanced section, I think. Uncheck it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:17 PM   #18
WillowIX
Apophis

If you have a trojan, don't count on Norton removing it, unless they supply you with a removal tool. Try an online scan like Trend Micro Housecall and see if it finds anything. Panda also has one, as does Mcafee.

Btw, there's a new virus out that busted Google's servers. If you internet started working again then disappearing it could be that your net is overloaded from traffic by infected computers.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:31 PM   #19
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

This might be of help.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 07-28-2004, 06:48 AM   #20
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Bungleau-Yes that's right. Am I supposed to uncheck, disable script debugging? Well I'l try that anyway and see if it works.

WillowIX-I would try that, but I can't! I can't get connected long enough to download the files for running the scan.

Mouse-Thanks Il take a look.