Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 10:42 PM   #11
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

it was a BEAUTIFUL DAY! sun shining, blue sky, breezy winds... around the 80s in temperature... I hung my laundry outside [img]smile.gif[/img] whee!!!

...until I discovered a HUGE wasp's nest at the corner of my house.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #12
Glorfindel

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Well it will get pretty warm down here in Mt. G.... Unfortunately the Fly's are already out and buzzing around in all directions.... Could b an interesting day [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know what you mean, is the worst thing that comes with the warm weather, bugs!! Mosquitos especially. If you find yourself in a wooded or bushy or grassy area, the mosquitos eat you alive around here. I remember a two summers ago when we lived in this woodsy surrounded house, I'd go out to the pond to feed the fish, just would run top speed, toss in food, run back inside. Still got bit at LEAST three times. Damn bites would itch for at least a week, and when the bump went down, this red rash took its place, kinda creepy, cause we have that West Nile Virus frequently here Of course, you can spray down with DEAT (an ingredient in many bug spray repellants), works well if you spray it everywhere on every single inch of your body (those bugs I swear can find a dime sized area that you missed with the spray and hone in on it!). Thing is, it is poison you are spraying on your skin, I don't use that stuff often cause it says on the spraycan not to keep it on your skin but for so long, ack. What happens if you do? ?

Roaches, ticks, mosquitos, three bugs that I'd personally like to see wiped off the planet, as they have no useful function as far as I can see vs. other bugs. Just my thoughts on the subject. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE] The worst place to get a mozzie bite is inside your ear... I got one about a month ago and I couldnt hear out that ear cause the lump was so big it clogged up most of my left ear.... it was SOOO annoying.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:03 PM   #13
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well here in Craptown, U.S.A, also known as Sallisaw, Oklahoma, we're having quite warm temperatures with a large amount of humidity. There's a dry lake not too far from my town, and our lakes aren't in very good shape either. On the plus side, it's sunny! But seeing as how its the Great Plains, that's subject to momentary change without notice.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:36 PM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

78%F in NYC today. Tomorrow should be 85%F.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-15-2002, 11:49 PM   #15
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
quote:
Well it will get pretty warm down here in Mt. G.... Unfortunately the Fly's are already out and buzzing around in all directions.... Could b an interesting day [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know what you mean, is the worst thing that comes with the warm weather, bugs!! Mosquitos especially. If you find yourself in a wooded or bushy or grassy area, the mosquitos eat you alive around here. I remember a two summers ago when we lived in this woodsy surrounded house, I'd go out to the pond to feed the fish, just would run top speed, toss in food, run back inside. Still got bit at LEAST three times. Damn bites would itch for at least a week, and when the bump went down, this red rash took its place, kinda creepy, cause we have that West Nile Virus frequently here Of course, you can spray down with DEAT (an ingredient in many bug spray repellants), works well if you spray it everywhere on every single inch of your body (those bugs I swear can find a dime sized area that you missed with the spray and hone in on it!). Thing is, it is poison you are spraying on your skin, I don't use that stuff often cause it says on the spraycan not to keep it on your skin but for so long, ack. What happens if you do? ?

Roaches, ticks, mosquitos, three bugs that I'd personally like to see wiped off the planet, as they have no useful function as far as I can see vs. other bugs. Just my thoughts on the subject. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE] The worst place to get a mozzie bite is inside your ear... I got one about a month ago and I couldnt hear out that ear cause the lump was so big it clogged up most of my left ear.... it was SOOO annoying.
[/QUOTE] Did you scratch it ??
Old 04-16-2002, 05:56 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
The worst place to get a mozzie bite is inside your ear... I got one about a month ago and I couldnt hear out that ear cause the lump was so big it clogged up most of my left ear.... it was SOOO annoying.
OMG yes! Ow, that brought it all back to me - I did indeed get one deep inside my ear and it was excruciatingly painful! I actually woke up when I was bitten because it hurt, normally I sleep on and let them munch. It was sore for a week
Old 04-16-2002, 06:10 AM   #17
Vampire

Hi Wendy [img]smile.gif[/img]
The weather here is actually very nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I live 3 hour drive above Epona.
It's very sunny most of the days although a cold shower yesterday. It is usually windy but rcently it is awfully calm and sunny and hot!!!! But in the evenings it gets frezzingly cold as the sun sets.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:21 AM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Weather here is lovely again today
Nice sunshine - not really warm, but I'll take this over rain any day [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 06:44 AM   #19
Deathmage
The Magister

Well, in Christchurch, it's really, really cold in the holidays, but today is rather normal. It's getting cold lately, we scared.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:01 AM   #20
Glorfindel

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
The worst place to get a mozzie bite is inside your ear... I got one about a month ago and I couldnt hear out that ear cause the lump was so big it clogged up most of my left ear.... it was SOOO annoying.
OMG yes! Ow, that brought it all back to me - I did indeed get one deep inside my ear and it was excruciatingly painful! I actually woke up when I was bitten because it hurt, normally I sleep on and let them munch. It was sore for a week [/QUOTE] Ahhh... I didnt even wake up... all I know is I had Mozzie bites All over me.. i had 14 bites on my face... and it wasnt a pretty sight.... the mozzies that were feeding must have been slightly bloated after me...