Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 09:26 PM   #41
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:

ehmm... i could be wrong but as far as i know davros is in his 30s and donut in his 40s or somth like that. so i guess they are not what you would call "youngsters"... no offense you guys. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Yo Noro I wasn't speaking of any one specific person...please note that I did point that out. And I never ment to imply that young people had a monopoly on being totaly ignorant of how things work. [img]smile.gif[/img] If you grow up, and are very bright and dedicate your life to learning and read every book and study every lab experiment and never go out and experience the reality....you still wont get it [img]smile.gif[/img] If you go out and expereience it...and don't learn from it....you wont get it.....if you go out and experience it and still have a difference of opinion with me..Hey thats why they say humans are not logical beings [img]smile.gif[/img] We can both look at something and think very different things... (this is why a lot of idealistic utopia's do not exist as well..that and the truely evil types of people would destroy it if it did)

Old 03-08-2002, 09:30 PM   #42
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Yes Magik, it would be good if you could differentiate between Davros and myself. So you have been under fire. Was it in a real tariff war?

It wasn't too difficult to find the quotes - if you Know the subject. I found those quotes in seconds, there are hundreds of web sites devoted to the campaign promises of all the Presidential candidates. The idea that free trade was not a major planK of the Bush campaign is as ludicrous as your later assertion that he fought his campaign on foreign policy. He had no foreign policy until it was forced upon him.

Now to the part of your post that made me laugh the most.

Did you thinK I was a youngster? ROTFLSHMBB. I am 46 and have more experience than you can shake a sticK at. I have enough experience to Know that not having worn a uniform doesn't automatically make someone uninformed. Your other comment about not being able to have an opinion if you haven't been a policy maker. Do you really believe that?

BTW the 30% tariff on steel imports is expected to cost 6,000 jobs in Britain. Please don't tell me you don't care. You see, like Davros, I can see where you are coming from. ;D

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: Donut after re-reading Davros' post]

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: Donut ]

Actually I did not, but some other people improperly infered that I did. And as for my experience and Uniforms [img]smile.gif[/img] not all of my experience was gained in uniform..I was only active duty for 10 years..I then became a errr... civilian "consultant" [img]smile.gif[/img]

And not, I might disagree wit you on stuff [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't think I disrespected you in any of my posts...though I might have accidently mixed you up with another person in one post [img]smile.gif[/img]

PAX

Old 03-08-2002, 09:32 PM   #43
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Well, I do recall Bush once saying that his job would be A LOT easier if he were a dictator.

Mark

So would mine...believe me so would mine...now if I could get all my pesky users lined up for the firing squad....oops wait..if I shoot the users...uhhh what did we need these servers for again?????

Old 03-08-2002, 09:33 PM   #44
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
The best thing about you, Magik, is your ability to say the most ridiculous things with a straight face. Your pontifications about age and wisdom are an absolute hoot, especially when you publicly assume that everyone who disagrees with you is younger. I realize that you are actually serious in your beliefs and opinions, but your presentation, especially your rhetorical dismissal of all opposing opinions as being ignorant or misinformed, quite destroys your credibility.
The credentials of age, travel, and military service you constantly fall back on are undermined by your lack of thoughtful discourse and bellicose debating style. With the background you claim, your arguments fall short of expectations. You seem constantly surprised at the "ignorance" of others, yet never seem to question your own standpoint.
I don't expect to get anything but vitriol in response to this, but I just had to try to get through, as you seem so sincere.

Right back at ya Aby [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2002, 09:47 PM   #45
MagiK

This is a mass response to several comments. I have been accused of being in wonder over peoples ignornace [img]smile.gif[/img] while not seeing my own...acutlaly I know there are many many many subjects I know nothing about. I know there are things I don't understand...but I also know that there are a few things I really do know. I what I really do know deals with the issues of right and wrong, with good and evil, with terror and hate. I KNOW about evil people. I have killed evil people, I have had attacks made on me by evil people.

I know for certain how to deal with honestly ruthless people. I know how to protect my family, my friends and my country men. I also know that as long as people like me are out THERE doing the things I know how to do as well as we do, then those of you who don't know can live comfortable lives safe from true terror and go to school, raise children and live in a world of reletive safety and come to believe that there are no really evil people, and that kindness and hugs can solve all the worlds woes. The thread about evil and how everyone thought there were no truely evil people, just people who didnt have what they needed and such tripe...really did show me just how ignorant SOME people can be.

I will admit that Azurewolf and others on here have differing ideas, and I will admit that because of what I have faced I cannot accept those ideas. I will argue my side of the case...but one thing I will not say is that those opinions are useless. I just find them terribly frustrating...and some times frightening.

Old 03-08-2002, 09:53 PM   #46
MagiK

And one last more upbeat and positive note for those of you who despise me intensly and hate everything I stand for.

And saddly this really does just appy to the "youngsters" I was refering to earlier.....

Old farts like me who "KNOW" "EVERYTHIHG" eventually die off so that you can take our place and then you get to deal with a whole crowd of youngsters who know way more than you do [img]smile.gif[/img] One of the best design concepts in the Human machine I think [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2002, 07:17 AM   #47
Dramnek_Ulk

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
[QB]This is a mass response to several comments. I have been accused of being in wonder over peoples ignornace [img]smile.gif[/img] while not seeing my own...acutlaly I know there are many many many subjects I know nothing about. I know there are things I don't understand...but I also know that there are a few things I really do know. I what I really do know deals with the issues of right and wrong, with good and evil, with terror and hate. I KNOW about evil people. I have killed evil people, I have had attacks made on me by evil people.

I know for certain how to deal with honestly ruthless people. I know how to protect my family, my friends and my country men. I also know that as long as people like me are out THERE doing the things I know how to do as well as we do, then those of you who don't know can live comfortable lives safe from true terror and go to school, raise children and live in a world of reletive safety and come to believe that there are no really evil people, and that kindness and hugs can solve all the worlds woes. The thread about evil and how everyone thought there were no truely evil people, just people who didnt have what they needed and such tripe...really did show me just how ignorant SOME people can be.
QB]

You reap what you sow, Look at America for a good example.
And all morals are relative, So you can't go saying that something is defintively evil. To you it may be evil to another it may be good, or irrelevant or a thousand other things.

Old 03-09-2002, 07:42 AM   #48
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
This is a mass response to several comments. I have been accused of being in wonder over peoples ignornace [img]smile.gif[/img] while not seeing my own...acutlaly I know there are many many many subjects I know nothing about. I know there are things I don't understand...but I also know that there are a few things I really do know. I what I really do know deals with the issues of right and wrong, with good and evil, with terror and hate. I KNOW about evil people. I have killed evil people, I have had attacks made on me by evil people.

I will admit that Azurewolf and others on here have differing ideas, and I will admit that because of what I have faced I cannot accept those ideas. I will argue my side of the case...but one thing I will not say is that those opinions are useless. I just find them terribly frustrating...and some times frightening.

MagiK, how have you managed to turn a discussion about world politics, trade tariffs and hypocrisy in politics into a debate about terror and good and evil?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-09-2002, 07:58 AM   #49
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Dramnek, you took the words out of my mouth...
MagiK, everything is about perception, to a taliban member, would a different one be evil, no, they see themselves as loyal children doing the work of Allah, they see you as the evil one, not themselves.
I could extend fiurther on my thoughts on the subject, but as they may be controversial, I will refrain from airing them here.

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]