Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2001, 05:15 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:

Donut, you must be the much stronger, faster, smarter, better looking, favored, and well spoken of your family...(did you steal his lunch money when you were young)...where is he!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Conan LOL, if you could see the two of us together you'd know how funny this is. It's fairly clear that nobody *ever* stole our lunch money. [img]smile.gif[/img] (There is a picture of us together on Stealthy's site)

Come on guys, is this the best IW can do? Let's encourage him. Don't believe everything I said about him.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-27-2001, 05:28 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! - awww, do I gotta leave it unsaid - no fair picking on the Aussie. Anyway, Conan said it better than I could have - so, don't evade the question Donut - did you steal his lunch money when you were kids? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Did you only just pick that up Donut - I thought you were sharper than that - I spotted that yesterday. Hmmm, you couldn't have read the post that I quoted very well .

So, what is his username - did you tell him I said hi - can we ask him his opinion on Manchester United and Shane Warne - can he tell us who is likely to win the Davis Cup - can he give us the "low down, deeply hidden goss" on our pal Donut [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] - do the word association / palindromic / anagramatic skills run throughout the family?
Old 11-27-2001, 06:21 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:

Did you only just pick that up Donut - I thought you were sharper than that - I spotted that yesterday. Hmmm, you couldn't have read the post that I quoted very well .

So, what is his username - did you tell him I said hi - can we ask him his opinion on Manchester United and Shane Warne - can he tell us who is likely to win the Davis Cup - can he give us the "low down, deeply hidden goss" on our pal Donut [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] - do the word association / palindromic / anagramatic skills run throughout the family?

I spotted it before you mentioned it but I didn't want to spoil your fun.

No goss on me I'm afraid - what goes on tour stays on tour!

He is well able to give sporting opinions, but they are most likely to be the same as mine. Did anybody steal Shainies lunch money by the way?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-27-2001, 07:45 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

DONUT'S BROTHER!!!!!!!!! GET IN HERE AND POST, YOU SILLY THING! We love new faces.. and if you are Donut's brother, I could sure use some insight into why he's so darned determined to wear ladies clothes and dance at polo matches. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Was it a childhood accident, perhaps?

Cloudy, snickering as she heads off to work

Old 11-27-2001, 01:59 PM   #15
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Greetings friend Donut, and many thanks for making us aware of your brothers presense.
Brother of our famous fluffy confection, I am sorry I am so obviously late with this greetings proclomation. One of the great things about the majority of people here at IW is that they really do love to make new friends, but we/they can't do that if we are not introduced. None of us would expect or want you to feel that you are in competition with the 'CricketMeister'. You are not living in Donut's shadow, everyone here wants to get to know YOU, we already have, and need I STRESS, the "ONLY" Donut! We have a tremendous variety of good people here, many joined the boards and immediately became proliferous posters. Many only post once in a while. I'm among the "Old group" here and I don't post that much and am not known by a large group of people. We have had many tales of people who would post and say, "I have been 'lurking' for a long time and just now decided to post.", and many of them are regular posters now. Don't feel uncomfortable about having been a 'lurker' for a while, many of us were and continue to be 'lurkers' the majority of the time, only posting when we feel we have something relevant to contribute.
As far as controversial issues goes, we all have to decide whether or not to engage in the debates. I myself generally steer clear of them. I have only been involved in one controversial thread that I can recall and it was regarding "Gun control", here in the US. One of our old members "Draconia" from the old board, who hasn't been around for a while was being read the 'riot act' from almost everyone because she had a pistol in the home and small children. People were rightfully concerned about the issues, and didn't care that she lived in the country with no local support, or that her husband was a railroad engineer who was out of town Monday thru Friday. All they cared about were the 'guns' and that they were bad. I couldn't sit there and witness this without getting involved. I didn't insult anyone, or go through my lists of pro's and cons. We often get so caught up in the purely subjective point of view that we lose touch with real world circumstances.
So I posted this; "Regardless of what each and every one of our opinions regarding gun control is, I certainly hope that we would all agree that we would much rather come home and find a would be rapist/ murderer shot dead on our living room floor, than to come home and find our spouse and children brutally raped and murdered because they had no way to protect themselves".
Putting a real life angle on it gave people something to think about and the controversy died then and there.
As I said, that is the only controversial thread I can recall engaging in. You don't have to feel pressured to post to threads that you think might get your dander up too much. If you do feel like posting to one, do so in a respectful, considerate manner and everything should be just fine.
It would be nice to meet you, and will be a pleasure when you decide that you are comfortable enough to introduce yourself to us by saying "Hello", or by responding to someone elses thread.
Old 11-27-2001, 02:07 PM   #16
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

DONUT'S BROTHER!!!!!!!!! GET IN HERE AND POST, YOU SILLY THING! We love new faces.. and if you are Donut's brother, I could sure use some insight into why he's so darned determined to wear ladies clothes and dance at polo matches. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Was it a childhood accident, perhaps?

Cloudy, snickering as she heads off to work

GET IN HERE AND POST, YOU SILLY THING!
And we trust these sort of people to run Ironworks. [img]smile.gif[/img] LOL [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 02:35 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
And what's his Forum name Donut - let's see, brother to Donut would be..... umm...... PROFITEROLE perhaps???? .

My guess is that his name's "Croissant"...or maybe he's a horse of a different "cruller"? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-27-2001, 02:49 PM   #18
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Silly! His Name Is Iced-Finger!!!

CoME AND POST Mr. ICED FINGER! OR MR. SQUIDGY WILL GET YOU!!!
Old 11-27-2001, 02:49 PM   #19
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

My guess is that his name's "Croissant"...or maybe he's a horse of a different "cruller"? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

ROTFL!!
You're just too much man..
Old 11-28-2001, 04:34 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Nice one Saz [img]smile.gif[/img]