Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #281
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

Ignoring the disembodied voice for the time being, Morguerat looked calmly at the terrified former Mage whom he had sworn to protect. "I told you before much of what I recall, yes as the vile one I served you, then betrayed you to save Keldorn’s Order, when you realized my treachery your servant broke me, like a stone through a mirror, pieces of who I was and who I had been and who I could yet become spread throughout the forums, I was called back in a way I can’t explain for a purpose I can only guess at. I can feel the one called the Reaper to the north, pulling me towards him, I can only imagine that he feels the same connection. I have sworn myself into your service again, an irony I have noted privately on many occasions. But you are not the mage anymore, a fool perhaps, but I believe your heart is true."

Looking away from Larry, Morguerat spoke to the disembodied voice, “Voice given life, bored spectre, ghost, whatever you may be; you may know the shard that remained in this realm, but I am not my kin. You name him Reaper, but I am neither him, nor a lackey to the force that held Larry hostage, if He had taken the time to observe me he would have known I was not his man then, I took the mantle of servant in order to right a horrible injustice he caused, nothing more. Nothing less, while a few years have passed here I spent many more traveling, searching for redemption, if it never comes I will be happy to have lived up to my oaths, whatever price I pay for that will I will gladly pay."

[ 10-21-2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 10-21-2005, 03:11 PM   #282
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Joseph

Well now, don’t this just beat everything? As if one guy living two lives ain’t enough now we got us another one. And a sentient echo to boot! Turning to Senora he whispers, “Don’t even think about telling me there’s another version of you running around someplace.” Of course the implications of this are well worth exploring – talk about potential. But it’s getting to the point where a guy needs a scorecard to figure out just who he’s talking to.

“And me,” he calls out as he steps forward, “this is my first time in this joint.” ~ Curious ~ he thinks upon hearing how the tones of his voice ring out against the walls. ~ This joint is built for echoes – somebody must love the sound of his own voice. No air moving either…… ~ He holds out his hand before smiling apologetically. “Ooops, my mistake – used to folks with hands. It’s Echo, right?” ~ These power-hungry despotic types tend to be paranoid anyway, part of the charm I guess. I wonder that applies to their echoes – never in a million years thought I’d ever be asking myself a question as stupid as that! O well, best to be keeping whatever this is off-balance.

“Don’t mind me,” he continues pleasantly. “I’m just a guy named Joe.”

Turning to Larry, he says, “Friend of yours I take it?” And after a brief pause in which he looks about the place in the dim glow of light that floats about Senora’s hand. “Kinda stuffy in here don’t ya think? Place could do with a bit of fresh air.”
Old 10-21-2005, 11:46 PM   #283
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Echo

The Echo was now completely amused. Laughter rang out all around the room, not originating from any one source, but nonetheless bouncing off the walls and re-echoing over and over as they died away.

"My, but this is rich!...is rich...rich."
"Well met, Joe, I am the Echo of the Master of this Tower...Master of this tower...this tower"

"He's away on business at the moment...at the moment...moment"

"Won't he be completely thrilled to find his home invaded by none other than these two!...these two...two"

"Oh Joe! What company you keep...you keep...keep"

"You have Larry here...the man who actually created me when he was in his better days...better days...days"

"And you also have Morgeruat, a man who claims to not have a single bone of malice in his body!...malice in his body...his body"

"Morgie, I know your past, and you were always potential for greatness...potential for greatness...greatness"

"Why do you think the Dead Wind gave you so much attention, showed you who you could become, taught you how to do it...Yesss...oh yesss! I know you Morgeruat! Just as that broken shard of the mirror you speak of bred he who is the Reaper...you too are a shard of the same mirror and cut from the same design. You are the Reaper in his embryonic state...yesss..."

Larry Silverfall 23/23

Larry trembled as he heard this Echo speaking. He remembered the Echo. He remembered creating it. It had been created as an amusement. Now the thing had grown into a sinister being of considerable potential. The worst part about it...Larry was somehow pleased. Pleased that he had created something from nothing, and had given it life and that life was now flourishing. Oh! by the gods, why was he pleased? The only solice was that the being called Echo did not seem to desire attacking. Indeed, it appeared that it merely wanted to talk and it was interested in who had come into the Tower for it knew him, and Morgeruat...though maybe he knew him a little too well. Obviously, this Echo had been around and had seen many things during the time that he (Larry) was dead and waiting for a rebirth.

And what about Joseph! He did not seem concerned about Echo at all. In fact, he seemed too relaxed. What was he thinking? Everybody knows what happens to supporting cast who seem to be the easy-going type? For example, no matter what horror movie your watching, its always the blond with the biggest breasts and easy-going lifestyle that always got hacked to bits first. Well...Joe was neither blond, nor attractive...but he had the easy-going thing down to a science.

Just then, Larry stopped himself. Where was he going with all that thinking? He zapped himself back to the current scene playing out in front of him, wondering if they should just keep going and let the Echo follow them around if it wanted to. They needed to get back to the job they come to do...before real trouble began. Or before Joe started growing breasts. Who could ever guess at what would happen next in the Tower?

[ 10-21-2005, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 10-22-2005, 12:40 AM   #284
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Joseph

There is a definite pattern to the speech of this Echo – with the exception of that one most interesting deviation. And a tonality that is quite distinct to this voice. Possibilities, indeed.

He is content to maintain his relaxed manner during the interchange between this Echo with his companions who quite obviously have captured its interest. So much the better. His face registers the appropriate expressions of curiosity and surprise at the appropriate times and there is nothing about his bearing that is suggestive of either threat or of any particular readiness to act. He is content to listen attentively. Very attentively. Sometimes when one wishes to remain in the background an initial drawing of attention to oneself, that one might then be subsequently discounted and overlooked, is much more effective than the traditional tools of stealth. And that seems to have been the case here.

This chance to stand aside and listen has been most helpful for here is a voice it may well be useful to reproduce at the appropriate moment...... A passable imitation based upon what he has heard here would not be difficult to manage. But only amateurs are content with the passable......

Then, of course, there is the further problem of how to be rid of this nuisance should the need arise which undoubtedly it will.

Beneath the calm of his outward bearing his heart rate quickens a moment. An interesting challenge, this. So often his art is predicated upon the properties of sight. Here, however, it is purely, for the moment an issue of sound.

He considers a few provactive remarks and questions which might possibly give rise to further speech from this Echo over one or two additional emotional keys. But those are best kept in reserve - with luck this conversation will continue a bit longer without his direct input......

[ 10-22-2005, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 10-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #285
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder 98/98

Anarrima's cry of startlement Echoed down through the hall's. Sparing one last look at what was left of Silt and barely acknowledgeing the comments of his companions he turned in the direction of the scream. Following a bit behind Yevaud he ran through the hallway and into the room where all the skeletons were.He came in the room in time to hear Anarrima say " I did not expect to find so much death down here...I came down here to escape it above-ground. Yevaud! It was horrible! This man was eaten alive by huge leeches and their numerous offspring even as I watched and could do nothing to save him. My prayer was halted and I could do nothing to help him." She leaned back heavily against the wall behind her ." This to will pass Anarriima. Just as the stars are ever watchful and the sun rises in the morning, all will be attoned for."
Old 10-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #286
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima 67/67

She smiles, pitifully. "Thank you, Vincent."

She pauses a moment, a shade of worry coloring her brow. Her voice was hesitant.

"Where are the others, Silt and Marcos?"

[ 10-22-2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 10-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #287
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder 98/98

Looking behind him to see if indeed Marcos had followed, he shrugged." I thought he was behind me, we should not seperate from each other in these halls, no matter how one fill's toward one another. These hall's are death. Are you feeling up to moving along Mi'lady"?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #288
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

"tsk tsk voice, you should know better than that, firstly my name is Morguerat, I don't call you Voeci, so please extend me the same courtesy. I realise your purpose is to twist words, but words that have never been said? Seems like you're rising above yourself. A brave man is not measured by a lack of fear, that is the measure of a fool. Bravery is measured by what one does when confronted by fear. I may feel more malice than even your master, but I am not ruled by that feeling, I rule myself and act in the manner I would have my own heroes act, as Keldorn himself led. I know not of this dead wind, nor of the other matters you speak of. It sounds as though a morally weak shard allowed itself to be corrupted. It shall be dealt with when the appropriate time comes, until then, perhaps you could help us out with a small favor." The former knight waited hoping he'd piqued the interest of the disembodied voice with a penchant for echoes, for if it was here talking to them, it wasn't elsewhere activating guards or wards against the invaders.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:45 PM   #289
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Echo

The Echo had been berated too many times to count by the Master, both versions of Him, and so peppery monologues of would-be heroes only amused the Echo.

"What favor is this, that an intruder would ask of One such as I?...such as I?...I?"

Indeed, its interest was captured and so eagerly awaited the next words of this man.

=================================================

Anarrima 67/67

Anarrima composed herself and smiled.

"Yes, I am fine to go on with you. Let us..."

She stopped in mid-sentence...

"You said, he was behind you...don't you mean they?

[ 10-24-2005, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 10-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #290
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder 98/98

Vincent's usually jovial face went stern for a moment but if one could read look's they would have guessed correctly at what he was about to say " I was not kidding when I said these hall's were death. Alas poor Silt succumbed to the reaper and not so timely way. What awaits up ahead is a scene of death and I fear there will be more to come. ".
Closed Thread