Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Summary

Larry and Morgie have ascended the stairs to the tower of the castle where all the action is taking place.

Marcos leads Silt, Vincent, and Plaxica towards battle.

Andrion and Kynnen are pushing their way through the castle, killing all who stand in their way. Nanashi was with them, but she has not been seen since they left her outside the door, in the gardens.

A new NPC, Kendel, is currently all that stands between the opposition gaining ground inside the castle.

Elsewhere, Tao has made a tough decision, and has an important job to do, which could cost her her very life.

Arcades was last seen with some horses...somewhere...

The Mage of Shadow has been divided in his attentions. Part of him is witnessing an epic battle between Terrakis and Cyil, while another aspect of him is in the tower scheming.

I think that is about it.

[ 01-24-2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-24-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder 98/98

Seeing Kenden charging through the door just as Marcos enters the room, Vincent decides to cover Kendens back with a few arrows. " Pardon me Sir Marcos, I am going to lend your gaurd's some needed aid with some cover support as well as watch for the mage, I am more then sure he is in there. I havent heard the were bitch yet so we should be ready for her as well. " With that said Vince advances up to the door way keeping out of sight and using the walls and partially open door as cover to get a good view and line up possible targets. " What on earth is a drow doing here " he muttered seeing the dark elf with halberad closing in on Kenden he takes aim athe drows head before he is even with Kenden.

ooc: Called shot, but only if Kenden isnt directly opposite the drow.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Silt 80/80

Silt prepared himself mentally for a battle. He hadn't fought properly in many a year, yet he was sure he still contained his silky smooth skills, he was sure that they would be a perfect match against the nefarious Drow. He knew this was for the cause he set out for, so it was justified. "What's the plan Marcos?" He said the words, but knew they may not even have time for a plan. They must attack soon.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Inquisitor Marcos of Snowdale - 98/98

"The plan is this. It appears that Silverfall's enemies are nearer than is desirable. Those who do not wish to fight are to make their way to the front door. For the rest of us the commitment to battle is only sensible if we may make a difference.
From what I have learnt there are two main foes to battle. One is a mage, the other a were creature.
The wizard is dangerous because magic is dangerous. I have spent much of my life fighting creatures just like this one, and there are several basic tricks I may share with you.

"First of all, a mage has trouble casting magic when surrounded by metal. I doubt you will manage to slip a suit of mail over his head but it is worth keeping in mind.
Secondly, the mage will also have some difficulty when distracted. The more he puts his mind to dodging swords, the less he can thing about the wording of the spells. Even if you fail to strike the mage, keeping him occupied is helping everyone.
Third, a wizard who cannot hear his own voice as he speaks arcane syllables is likely to fail in his casting. Muting his hearing, or indeed, shouting into his ear, may accomplish such an effect.
Fourth, as you experienced, a wizard with his hands bound is almost always unable to hurl magic about. If you see the oppertunity to get around any daggers he might hold, holding him tightly is the single best approach. The nets may also be of use here, restricting his actions.
Finally, a wizard needs to speak in order to use his magic. Blows aimed at his throat and mouth prevent this. Any impacts knocking the breath out of him buy you time. Keep this in mind when you face the warlock.

"As for the were-creature, we cannot fight it here. If it shows itself, we shall withdraw to the dining room as planned. It is a single floor above us, by the stairs Silverfall took. Our aim right now is to disable our enemies as swiftly as possible. Should that prove an impossible task, we shall delay them for as long as we may. Preferably, without dying in the process. Remember that it is Silverfall they are after, and we are but in the way.
"

[ 01-24-2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 01-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

For Larry and Morguerat

The oaken door opened with an audible creak. Its sturdy frame had warped and twisted with the leaning of the tower, and could not help protesting under the former paladin's touch.
As wood gave way to air, a cloud of smoke spilled into the stairwell from the room beyond, which was now reluctantly revealing only parts of itself to the pair of visitors waiting outside.
It was a rich room, with dark carpets and long tapestries lending their warmth to the veiled smimmering of the flames in a near corner. There was barely a sound but for the lazy snapping of timber and logs, and the light tingling of tiny bells disturbed by the door's opening.
The few windows looking out over the courtyard, and the boggy lands beyond, were shut, shuttered and barred. Though the room knew all the basic instruments of an observatory, they served no purpose now but as near mystical decorations shielding the ancient stone walls from the unenlightened world.
A protection much needed, for already cracks wove their way through mortar and rock to dwarf any spiderwebs around the support beams. A light draft blew from the ceiling, the wind catching under the tiles that made the tower's roof. Some had already been dislodged years past, shattering into thousands of pieces on the ground below.

It was only when the echoes of unwilling hinges had well and truely died away that their place was filled by a distant voice from the far end of the tower chamber, thick with status.

"Enterrr..."
Old 01-24-2005, 11:05 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

Nodding slightly at Larry, Morguerat led the way in, sheathing his blade, and wishing he had a cloak, a nice white one with a red sunburst would have been his choice, but they were so useful, both in striking a first impression, and for covering any imperfections in the armor itself. Striding heavily, but with caution the knight strode towards the far end of the room where the voice had come from.

[ 01-28-2005, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 01-25-2005, 12:49 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry

Larry was about to protest even stepping further into the room, and desired only to see if running down the stairs took as long as they did climbing up. But then the big man stepped in and ruined any chance of turning back now. He could not go back and wonder what the duchess looked like, while this strange fellow got to go in...especially after such a horrible climb up this far...Larry needed a reward for this climb, and so entered the room to join his new guardian...
Old 01-25-2005, 02:19 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Wisdom, some insist, is the fruit of experience –of mistakes made and losses felt, of small steps taken in the direction of larger things.
Victories and success seem distant in these desperate times where survival hangs in the balance.

But losses have been felt, mistakes have been made and such experience has seen the taking of many small steps
and, it would seem, now is the time for another step to be taken,

A step forward, a step made in experience that has not been pleasant but that has borne fruit .....

* Start level up script *

*Run script_Larry_levelup *

Larry Silverfall 13/13

He paused the game...

"Woah! Morgie! I just leveled up, man! Hold up a minute and let me set my stuff up."

Larry began to ponder over his level-up points and what to do with them.

"I guess I will be a Ranger...for that is what Mistral would remember me as. She will be so glad to see me as I once was.

Let's see...my bio was He is a guy that hates undead creatures and loves the naturalistic world. He devotes time to fighting prowess in order to be the big man with the skills needed to stop trouble. He is more atune to city-life than out in the woods, so people skills are more important than figuring out where bears live..."

But then Larry stopped and looked at what he had wrote down.

"But...I never was any good at playing a ranger. I only chose that character long, long ago because of the Robin-hood notion. That was years ago...the same character before the RP forum even existed on IW."

Larry realized that he had learned so much more about the world since those days,,,and to repeat the past might mean to repeat the same mistakes. He did not want that. If Mistral would remember him as the Bumbling Ranger that nearly destroyed the world...she'd not heed his call when he called her from the dead. It might be better to show her that he had learned from his mistakes,,,from his experience,,,and could play a better role on this forum than a Ranger that did not act like a Ranger. It was time to grow up and let Robin-hood fantasies die with his innocent past.

He erased his character sheet and began again...

* Start level up script *

*Run script_Larry_levelup *

Rolls for HP.
*Reload*
Rolls for HP.
Adjusted for con. (+2) = 10

Larry Silverfall 23/23

Larry watched as his life points rose after deciding what level he'd take. An easy decision was to go for straight a fighter level...and he needed the strength. These days, it was getting hard for a person to live. He flexed his muscles and felt them gain power, and he felt good.

"Okay, Morgie...carry on. Where the hell are we? I mean...who lives like this?"

OOC>>>Post aided and inspired by Cyril D.

[ 01-25-2005, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #9
dplax
Jack Burton

Andrion Wilgor 60/60

This guard was good. He easily held off the drow and then wounded the guard Andrion was controlling.

"Get up and run at the newly arrived guard, attempting to knock him down. Now!" - was the command he sent to the guard.

He then proceeded to cast Mirror Image at himself.

[ 01-25-2005, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 01-25-2005, 09:37 AM   #10
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

A bit surprised at being stopped by Larry, Morguerat looked back and was a bit surprised when Larry seemed to have been alterred in the space between blinks, a bit more sure of himself, and he seemed more capable, his movements more agile, and true. raising an eyebrow, what was this about levelling? They had already ascended to the highest level in the tower, perhaps he was more daft than the knight had originally thought. "I don't know who lives like this, but she has invited us in, let us cease our rudeness and proceed, I'll even allow you to lead the way. The once-knight stepped aside and with a flourish bowed and waved larry to move into the lead.

ooc great post Larry, hehe

[ 01-28-2005, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Closed Thread