Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2001, 02:42 AM   #1
insomniacau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all as is in my subject i am new to this game i played last night and got to the first town the problem is that my mage theif i'm not sure what her name is has spells but i cannot cast them when i go to spells they r all faded out can someone help me am i doing something wrong? please reply....Insomniac
Old 05-27-2001, 02:46 AM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

If I understand what is happening then I think that
if you rest the spells should be ready to cast.

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 05-27-2001).]
Old 05-27-2001, 02:53 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by insomniacau:
Hi all as is in my subject i am new to this game i played last night and got to the first town the problem is that my mage theif i'm not sure what her name is has spells but i cannot cast them when i go to spells they r all faded out can someone help me am i doing something wrong? please reply....Insomniac
Well, in order to cast spells from your magic users you have to memorize the spells, which is done by selecting the spell into the spell slot and then rest/sleep. Each time after the mage has used the spell, he/she has to sleep to re-memorize it. Also in order to cast spells, your mage CANNOT wear armor except for elven chains and mage robes.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-27-2001, 03:01 AM   #4
insomniacau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have rested plenty of times and still i have approx 10 spells there but still faded out so i can't cast
Old 05-27-2001, 03:44 AM   #5
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

dude, u need to go into your mages spell library.. click on the spell u want to memorize and it will be there when u rest/i.e. a memorized spell... make sure u dont wear metal armor.. u can only used bracers and robes of the magi... if that doesnt work maybe start over and try again...

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 05-27-2001, 04:01 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

No I feel that your problem is, like Accord said, that you are wearing armor. While the Thief can wear armor, mages cant. Since dual/multi class characters have abilities and disadvantages of both classes, a mage/thief can wear armor, but, according to a mage's restrictions, cannot cast spells while doing so.
Mage robes however, will allow your mage to cast spells while wearing them.

------------------
Why?