Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 01:59 PM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Oh look..... a storm in a glass of water.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:45 PM   #42
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok, so I come here to talk about gaming and I find this. I know this is a general forum, but I assumed that meant general gaming comments or questions. Not religious faiths or ideas. Im sure there is a wide selection of religious forums out there to discuss your ideas on. But who am I to have an opinion?

P.S. What is this Mooooo thing all about?
Old 09-29-2002, 03:52 PM   #43
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Ok, so I come here to talk about gaming and I find this. I know this is a general forum, but I assumed that meant general gaming comments or questions. Not religious faiths or ideas. Im sure there is a wide selection of religious forums out there to discuss your ideas on. But who am I to have an opinion?

P.S. What is this Mooooo thing all about?
O_o

...right, I believe this particular forum is called General conversation. Why go to a religous forum to discuss ideas when 90% of the time you'll probably be stuck in a conversation with fanatical zealots and aggressive posters, when you could discuss issues with people you know and respect here?

You are a member, you can give an opinion. You can discuss whatever you want here as long as it's within reason and relevant to this forum.

As for the moo thing, welcome to Lord Shield's world
Old 09-29-2002, 03:55 PM   #44
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by badet:
Energy is eternal.Thats basic knowledge.
The Law of Conservation of Energy? Thats been proven true, within limits. For energy to be eternal it has to exist for an infinite time in both directions (im ignoring Itime here cos im not sure how to work it into this argument, where it would only be unneccesary complication anyway).

Now, the universe started with a sigularity. Classical laws do not hold in or near singularities. The Law of Conervation of Energy is not valid at that point in time, therefore Energy is Not Eternal.

Sorry, but im feeling cynical tonight. What else can I pick holes in?

Once upon a time, almost everyone believed in the existence of God?

Um, its my understanding that they had a couple hundred gods they believed in, the cause of much human suffering between warring groups. And the moral laws they followed have never all been the same either. Look at what the islam extremists are saying they do in the name of god to see how far religion (and its interpretation) can differ.

Morality always has and always will come from people, not deities.

LordKathen : General Conversation includes almost anything Ziroc hasnt expressely forbidden. (IIRC religion is banned at the moment, at least I havcent seen anything from Ziroc lifting that moratorium).

AS far as the MOOOO thing goes, I dont really think we want to know what happens in Lord Shields mind at time.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:57 PM   #45
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm surprised he didn't get tentacled yet.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:59 PM   #46
Sigmar
Unicorn

[quote]Originally posted by andrewas:
Quote:
Originally posted by badet:
[qb]

LordKathen : General Conversation includes almost anything Ziroc hasnt expressely forbidden. (IIRC religion is banned at the moment, at least I havcent seen anything from Ziroc lifting that moratorium).

AS far as the MOOOO thing goes, I dont really think we want to know what happens in Lord Shields mind at time.
Ziroc said that ages ago, I think he's lifted the ban by now. Than again...
Old 09-29-2002, 04:01 PM   #47
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm surprised he didn't get tentacled yet.
only for people i know and like

*tentacles johnny*

Old 09-29-2002, 05:21 PM   #48
The Trickster
Manshoon

Oh dear, it looks like I missed out on all the fun.

I would like to ask this question to you Badet. If everything you say does stand up to further inspection, and is indeed based on fact, what will you do with it then. Are you quite happy to believe in and follow a religion that you yourself created. I mean millions of other people follow blindly religions that other people created by simply wanting to believe that it is for real, but you have actually sat down and created this all by yourself. I really hope that satisfies your spiritual requirements.

I might create a religion based around playing computer games to satisfy my God of Role Playing, therefore justifying my obsession.

Then again, you might just be doing it for fun.

The Trickster.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:14 AM   #49
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Badet,
1) You have made a statement, and can`t prove it. Yet you say it is TRUE. You *can`t* say this- you can say it is true if you can prove it, otherwise you can at best say that it is your belief. Just because you`ve never seen something happen, doesn`t mean it can`t happen.

2) You say that god is dead, or at best paralysed.
Just because you don`t believe in God doesn`t mean that noone does.
Just because you have never seen the Jewish/Christian/Islam god worshipped doesn`t mean that he isn`t.
Although it is true that a deity needs belief to exist, it is not only your personal belief that matters.

3) Despite what you seem to think, high post count here does NOT show seniority, and does NOT command more respect. The seniority bit is easy to prove, just look at my post count and Johny's. I have been here twice as long as him, and yet his post count is MUCH higher than mine.
The respect bit is just as easy to justify: everyone here is treated equally, or atleast the Terms of Service say that that should happen. I am treated with the same respect as, say, Lioness; yet our post counts vary quite dramtically.
Thus, it isn`t how much you post that matters here; but instead the content of those posts.

4) MOOOOOO!

[ 09-30-2002, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]