Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 04:44 AM   #1
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Hi.

Everyone probably has all the Windows fonts they want, but in case not, I have found that http://www.1001freefonts.com/ is a good web site to find fonts (which I use for DC among other things).

Obviously one has to just experiment to see which fonts look decent and legible in the programme, but I thought that Manikus might be able to find some star-wars or futuristic fonts that would go well for the Star Wars DC game.

By the way, I think it's a good idea (Star Wars DC). I just think it will probably require a few advancements to the editor, especially to allow new classes and races. The best thing that could be done for DC in my opinion is to dramaticalyl increase the number and customisability of races (even just allowable classes and ability scores if not special "powers") and classes.

Steve

PS I'm still interested in what's going on with DC, just don't have the time to create anything.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

Hi Steve.
Thanks for the link. One can never have too many fonts.

Richard enabled DC to read the race and class related text files in the latest release. So...for my Star Wars mod, I am currently at 11 races and 8 basic classes. From what I can tell, the races seem to be working the way I want them to, but the classes are a different story. Because so much of the the magic system is hardwired into DC, you can't do anything with the editor if you do not have classes that are the same name as the default. I think I can probably do more in the text file, but haven't gone there yet.

-manikus
Old 01-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Well, that is good. I hadn't realised that we could add new races and classes already. Hopefully a more user-friendly way of creating and editing races and classes (ie through the editor rather than text files) will be along soon.

Since new classes can be added, would there be great difficulties in giving races and classes an attribute like "NPCOnly" which could be set to true or false and, if it is false, the class would be unavailable for the creation of Player Characters (but would be available for NPCs and "Monsters")?

That way we could create a whole lot of monster races and classes and when you select "view" for a monster or NPC you would see their true race and class. The bulk of the actual special abilities etc could still be handled as they were in UA.

Do we know if there is a limit to the number of races and classes?

Steve
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
manikus
Jack Burton

I will look into trying this out as soon as I get some time. I'll let you know what I find out.

-manikus