Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
Epona
Zartan

HOORAY! I've got a ticket to go see Dio in October!
Should be a good gig.

So have any of you 'orrible lot got any gigs to go to? Or what bands have you been to see recently?
Old 05-24-2002, 03:14 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

We're going to see the Stones in November when they roll through here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I check concert listings from time to time, but rarely see anything worth forking over that much $$$ for. Still, I live and hope!

Cheers,
-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 05-24-2002, 03:30 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
We're going to see the Stones in November when they roll through here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I check concert listings from time to time, but rarely see anything worth forking over that much $$$ for. Still, I live and hope!

Cheers,
-Saz
That's cool!

It's kinda embarrassing, but I'm going with my parents [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] They will embarrass me, by trying to rush to the front and mosh while I roll my eyes, tell them to be careful, and arrange to meet them outside after. It's the only time I act more mature than everyone else around me [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I'll be at the back, propping up the bar

[ 05-24-2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 05-24-2002, 03:53 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I've seen:

The Who twice and again this summer
Kansas
Styx
Berlin
Megadeth
Metallica
Rush twice and again this summer
Aerosmith
Cherry Poppin Daddy's
Journey
The Living End
No Doubt twice
Offspring three times (and I don't even really like them)
Ozzfest twice - which had every hard rock band on the planet
Pennywise
Goldfinger
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 05-24-2002, 03:55 PM   #5
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I went to see Godspeed you Black Emperor ( ) a couple of months ago. It was an amazing gig, unfortunately I had to leave early to catch the last train home. System of a Down were playing on that night as well; it was quite amusing seeing a load of 13 or 14 year olls wandering around, pretending it wasn't their mum 2 meters behind with her knitting stuffed in her hand bag .

Other than that, I haven't been to any for a while (except Spiritualized in the Autumn), and have none nothing planned for the near future. The difficulting is I have no one to go with, due to my 'different' taste in music'.

[ 05-24-2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Staralfur ]
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-24-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I once stood in an elevator with KISS in full costume, and the guy who wrote "Devil went down to Georgia" performed at my school... Also: umm, I like tried to see DigiCharrat perform but then I realized that they can't do any of their music li it all has to be remixed [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2002, 04:52 PM   #7
MagiK

I have to admit, the only concert I have ever been to was the Black Sabbath/BOC concert in Pittsburgh the Black and Blue tour [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2002, 04:59 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I once stood in an elevator with KISS in full costume, and the guy who wrote "Devil went down to Georgia" performed at my school... Also: umm, I like tried to see DigiCharrat perform but then I realized that they can't do any of their music li it all has to be remixed [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You had the Charlie Daniels Band at your school? That rocks!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 05-24-2002, 06:10 PM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
I went to see Godspeed you Black Emperor ( ) a couple of months ago. It was an amazing gig, unfortunately I had to leave early to catch the last train home.
ROFL, sounds familiar... Saw them myself as well, and I also had to miss the encore because of the train I had to catch. Problem was that the GYBE! members took a little too much time to prepared on stage to kick off the concert...
Other than that, it was immense and overwhelming. Hypnotizing covers it best. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2002, 06:28 PM   #10
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

MILAMBER when did you go see Metallica?! Ive wanted to see them in concert since i started listening to their music! No fair!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well June 8th im going to X-fest which is having a crap load of popular bands. Having a tail-gate party too! Its gonna be great, specially cause we're in the pit

Hmm...well at my school theyre having battle of the bands...didnt know some of the kids were so talented! Then theres...Greenday 2ice, Blink182 2ice, NFG, Jimmy Eat World...Sum41...Reel Big Fish...then i dont even know how many local concerts ive been to! I love punk