Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 03:17 PM   #21
Smoothie
Manshoon

I voted Roleplaying like everyone else but one person.
Old 05-04-2002, 05:20 PM   #22
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Im not quite sure what the difference is
Yeah we know, its kinda obvious [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]OK, maybe id better explain my meaning... I didnt mean to say that powergaming IS roleplaying...
I meant to say that I have never come across the term powergaming before. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Powergaming was what you were doing in roleplaying. Basically being godlike, unbeatable uber powergamer who can take on anything without breaking a sweat [img]smile.gif[/img] A roleplayer is someone who trys and act out the roll they have set themselves. IE Always following the good/evil path whichever is their nature. And not using uber items in games like in BG2 the Cloak of Cheating and The Holy Uberer.
[/QUOTE]and to anybody thats made a character who has 3 chr just because the wanted to buff up something else(i know ive done that a dozen of times ) has played a powergamer character. you know, EVEN KORGAN has got 6 or 8 charisma. i think quasimodo has 1 or 2 chr but that doesnt matter [img]smile.gif[/img] . hey, it would be interesting if with charisma under 8, you suffer from alot stuff because a person with such charisma would be a freak(hehe, no offense to korgan ). what would you expect from a person like quasimodo
[/QUOTE]Try playing a paladin - your stats almost always get hit because of the WIS and CHR mins...

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 05-04-2002, 05:22 PM   #23
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Hmm.. I am no power gamer then.. I Role-play. In real Pen and Paper, DM's *HATED* me when I play a Chaotic Evil character. lol, I totally tromped their dungeon. Anyone like tearing up a DM's world? Ever do it? then the DM gets mad and says something like "Mystra comes down in an avatar form and kills you". hehe.. oh, I was bad sometimes.. it was all in good fun though.
hehe - I was once a thief who put all his points in pickpockets and find traps and disarming - we were all 7-9 levels (I was 10th [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and we were walking through town. I successfully pickpocketed all the weapons off my party...oh my friends were pissed when we went into that first battle... [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK

[ 05-04-2002, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Black Knight ]
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>