Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2002, 06:19 PM   #11
Epona
Zartan

I have absolutely no idea - I've never had any major medical treatment and I can't give blood - I'm mildly asthmatic (if I'm stressed) which means I have a salbutamol inhaler - that's a beta-activator (increases heart rate) and they don't want your blood here if you have any of that stuff floating in it, obviously it could put a seriously injured patient in danger. If I've taken it in the last 6 months they don't want to know!
Old 04-22-2002, 06:37 PM   #12
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I have absolutely no idea - I've never had any major medical treatment and I can't give blood - I'm mildly asthmatic (if I'm stressed) which means I have a salbutamol inhaler - that's a beta-activator (increases heart rate) and they don't want your blood here if you have any of that stuff floating in it, obviously it could put a seriously injured patient in danger. If I've taken it in the last 6 months they don't want to know!
Athsma sucks, doesn't it Epona? It drives me up a wall. If I don't maintain a decent diet and exercise program, I have to suck on an inhaler for no specific reason. If I run and the air is cold, I have to use the inhaler. If allergy season hits and I forget the allergy meds, I have to suck on an inhaler. If I give in and pet cute fuzzy little cats and forget to scrub my hands and forearms right afterward or get in a real dusty area, I have to use the inhaler. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! I have a love/hate relationship wih the #$%@^&* inhaler!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 06:43 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Athsma sucks, doesn't it Epona? It drives me up a wall. If I don't maintain a decent diet and exercise program, I have to suck on an inhaler for no specific reason. If I run and the air is cold, I have to use the inhaler. If allergy season hits and I forget the allergy meds, I have to suck on an inhaler. If I give in and pet cute fuzzy little cats and forget to scrub my hands and forearms right afterward or get in a real dusty area, I have to use the inhaler. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! I have a love/hate relationship wih the #$%@^&* inhaler!!!
Ahhh, that sucks! Fortunately mine isn't bad at all and only occurs when I feel stressed - so it's psychologically triggered asthma, not physical. I occasionally get it when I have flu, but not often. I smoke too (yeah, I know that's stupid) which doesn't seem to aggravate it at all - so I guess I'm lucky with it.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:44 PM   #14
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Red on one side and blue on the other...?... [img]smile.gif[/img]

(B pos since I was born)
Old 04-22-2002, 06:47 PM   #15
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
My mum has quite bad asthma and she thought they wouldn't let her give blood, she went in after I started donating and they told her she was fine to donate *shrugs* , maybe she uses a different inhaler or something?

Personally I'm A+, unfortunately this doesn't reflect my grades in school [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2002, 06:47 PM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

B positive here as well. Or at least I think it was B+. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2002, 06:25 PM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
i have the same type blood as personality,A Negative.
wow dude, you're a real load of fun, aren't you ?
Old 04-23-2002, 06:31 PM   #18
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

O+ here...have donated blood 15 times over the last 9 years... [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-23-2002, 06:58 PM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Did you know that you're blood type can determine your personality? It's true, thats why they do it in Fighting Games and Anime shows so much. It's quite a popular belife in Asia.

Type O: A giving person who is very Caring and Special to the world. They are also artistic in some cases.

Type A: A unique individual who likes to be very dominant over others and has some leadership skills.

Type B: A very weak individual who will normally let others take advantage of them. They make up for this with their creativity and ability to improvise.

Type AB: An individual who isn't anger prone but seems to never have a changing attitude. What that attitude is exactly is determined by the individual themself.

As for all those +s and -s... err I forgot... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm O... just O... So come and get some Vampires I dare ya! I'm universal!
Old 04-23-2002, 07:08 PM   #20
AliCat
Drow Warrior

I'm A+ (high grade octane?), and used to donate regularly, but now that the American Red Cross changed its rules, I (and my husband, and his family) am unable, as I spent several years during the '80s in England, and apparently might give people mad cow disease.

Hmmm, if I haven't shown any effects in 15 years, I suspect I might not be carrying it.... could be wrong....