Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 08:01 PM   #11
Moni

Well get this...she answers to Sugar!!!

Its probably her name or something very close to it (I rescued a puppy in AZ that answered to "Madeline" whenever I was talking with the dog next door...when I found her owner to return the pup, I found out her name was "Maggie" [img]smile.gif[/img] )...now if no one claims to own her I'll have to make sure it won't hurt KHaN's grandmother if I call her Sugar...she had to put her beloved Schnauzer to sleep not long after I got here (almost 3 years ago) and the Schnauzer's name was...you guessed it...Sugar.
I'm sure it will be OK with her but she is very sensitive about her dog and I wouldn't want to make her keep suffering by having her hear us talk about our own. Know what I mean?

Old 03-22-2002, 09:58 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Well get this...she answers to Sugar!!!

Wow! Guess I was right, she does look like a Sugar

I know what you mean about being sensitive about names. Names are so personal, and pets, for some people at least, are members of the family, when you lose them it's so devastating and having another animal sharing the name is tough, it's like I've lost my Sugar, but there you go with yours. One of my friends lost their corgie called Kaiser, and they drove to all the way down the coast that very night to get an identical dog, which they called... Kaiser. I don't know if it made them feel better, but to me it seemed a strange, and rather insensitive (to the dogs, both old and new) thing to do. And of course it backfired, the new dog was a puppy, and did naughty puppy things, which was nothing like the old Kaiser who was old and feeble, so they got cross with him for not being the old Kaiser. I have the feeling if they'd given their new dog its own name and identity they would have loved it more
Old 03-23-2002, 01:38 PM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

One of my friends lost their corgie called Kaiser, and they drove to all the way down the coast that very night to get an identical dog, which they called... Kaiser. I don't know if it made them feel better, but to me it seemed a strange, and rather insensitive (to the dogs, both old and new) thing to do. And of course it backfired, the new dog was a puppy, and did naughty puppy things, which was nothing like the old Kaiser who was old and feeble, so they got cross with him for not being the old Kaiser. I have the feeling if they'd given their new dog its own name and identity they would have loved it more
Aw, that's just sad, not to mention a bit closed-minded on your friends' part. "Grrrr"
I doubt that Nanny would think this dog has to be at all like her Sugar, esp with the obvious difference in quality of breeds and all LOL.
I just wouldn't want it to pain her to hear us talk about "Sugar" in regard to this dog when her Sugar meant so much to her and she has so many memories of the years her Schnauzer was with her.
Let's hope she is OK with it or that we can find her owners and not have to worry about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2002, 03:06 PM   #14
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I always remember this lovely old labrador our old next door neighbour had called amber, and she'd eat almost anything.
Once in fact she saw a bag with a discarded chelsea bun in (a very large one too) and ate it in a few bites.
Pets, what would the world be like without them?
Old 03-23-2002, 03:10 PM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
I always remember this lovely old labrador our old next door neighbour had called amber, and she'd eat almost anything.
Once in fact she saw a bag with a discarded chelsea bun in (a very large one too) and ate it in a few bites.
A lot more boring for one thing.... And filled with a lot more uneaten scraps of food too [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2002, 05:30 PM   #16
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
[img]smile.gif[/img] Great story. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My neighbor's dog Madeline was a golden retreiver.
Great dog...she'd bring me her tennis balls and drop them through a missing slat in the fence so that she could chase them when I threw them back over.
Her owners kept a red bandana around her neck and she adopted me as her playmate for the seven years that they lived there and would bark at people who came into my yard if they did not know her name haha.
I got up one day and she was gone, their house was empty...they had moved away.
I still miss her.

Old 03-23-2002, 07:12 PM   #17
Pangur Ban

Another doggy story ---

Our neighbours owned a dog that, after eating its food, would go actually go and bury the food bowl somewhere in a garden bed.

They got tired of seaching for the bowl all the time, so they went and bought some cheap plastic bowls. Doggy went and buried them as well.

Then they bought paper bowls. Woofy didn't bury them, he ate them instead !!

Finally, they got a large metal food bowl and fastened it to the ground.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:01 AM   #18
Moni

LOL Pangur Ban!

KHaN's parents have a Boston Terrier that buries everything he can get into his jaws, but he's all paranoid about it and if he thinks if anyone or any thing (their other dogs and cats) saw where he buried it, he'll quickly dig it up and carry it to a more private spot in the yard...you could drive him crazy following him around...giving him enough time to bury it but not enough time to leave the area hahahaha. I'd never do that to him on purpose but I have walked into the yard while he was finishing burying something just to see him dig it up and run off with it, checking over his shoulder to make sure I wasn't followig LOL.

Old 04-09-2002, 07:17 PM   #19
Moni

UPDATE:

We found out who Sugar's owners WERE...people who live just down the street from us that don't care where she is or who is taking care of her.
We declare her OURS.

Old 04-10-2002, 03:02 PM   #20
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yay! Sugar is yours! [img]smile.gif[/img] Glad to hear that you've managed to acquire another sweet dog [img]smile.gif[/img] May she enrich you lives [img]smile.gif[/img]