Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
daeomer
Manshoon

I just joined the Morag tong and there first mission is to kill someone in the Hlaalu Cornerclub in Vivec. After killing him, no one in the club will talk to me. As a member of House Hlaalu, is this going to impact me in the future (ie prevent me from completing other quests)? Should I forego membership to this guild? If you get expelled from one house can you join another?

Thanks!

[ 06-24-2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: daeomer ]
daeomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:25 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It shouldn't be a problem if you kill him after taunting him into striking first. But i would'n't know about the effects it has on other factions. I usually wait with joining the Tong until i finished most other quests.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
daeomer
Manshoon

He won't even talk to me prior to killing him. He just says something like
"I don't like the way you are looking at me..." and I can't engage in conversation with him....
Old 06-24-2004, 10:29 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Will they not talk to you directly after you've killed him or even after you've talked with the guards and got your bounty sorted out? (I'm assuming your 'crime' was reported since they all stand around in there ). I was in House Hlaalu last time I played, and Morag Tong, and I don't remember having any problems with the two guilds.

And no, you can't join another house even after being expelled from one. Unless you have the mod that allows you to be a member of all three at once, you have to pick one and run with it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2004, 01:48 AM   #5
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

it shouldnt cause a problem. do a hard save before, then kill him, go and give your honorable writ of execution to a guard and it will restore you to honor.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:20 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Most likely, you have bounty on your head. Most likely, that's why the people aren't about to talk with you. Check your stats. If there is a bounty, leave the club and seek the nearest guards. Pass them the "writ" and the bounty will be cleared (without need to pay anything). Then try to speak with the people again.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:56 AM   #7
daeomer
Manshoon

I paid off the bounty, but the people in the club still say something along the lines of

"I can't believe what you did to that guy, Goodbye!"

I decided to taunt him before joining the guild, killed him, and then when the Master asked, I had already offed him.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:26 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Paid? You shouldn't have paid anything. Did you leave your writ somewhere? You should have the writ in your inventory when you go to an "action". When your crime gets reported, you should show the writ to the guards. The guards will clear the bounty without taking anything.

As far as "acting in advance" is concerned, this can lead to loses in reputation with Morag Tong. You can be told that Morag Tong isn't a bunch of assassins (well, then what is it [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) and you lose 10 in reputation. Nevertheless, the quest will be completed.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #9
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

Funny thing,if you kill someone and it doesn´t get reported you still have your writ.
And with that writ you can cover any crime,you could kill a whole town and then present your writ to a guard and all would be well [img]smile.gif[/img]
Svaerdhelgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:27 AM   #10
DalekBoy
The Magister

i dont think so