Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2002, 01:17 PM   #1
Ed Willers
Welcomed New User

I have a question about heart of fury mode. I am currently playing on normal mode and am about halfway through the game. Can I start another game in heart of fury mode while continuing to play my old game in normal mode?

Thanks
Ed Willers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #2
Keraptisdm
Elminster

First let me say Welcome to the Boards! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

To set the game in Heart of Fury Mode, you must check the appropriate box in the Icewind Dale Configuration Utility. Once checked, when you run Icewind Dale, it will be in Heart of Fury Mode. So you could check the box, load IWD and play that party in Heart of Fury Mode. Then quit IWD. Open the Configuration Utility, uncheck the box, set the game play to normal, open IWD, and play the other party. A little tedious, but possible I believe. Good luck.

[ 09-17-2002, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Keraptisdm ]
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 02:36 PM   #3
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Yes and no. IWD Configuration from your Start Menu predicates what happens throughout all games. Any difficulty change is made here, and if you want to change from one level to another you'll have to exit the game and go back to Configuration first, then play on as before but at the new difficulty setting. If you start a game on normal then change to Hard, Insane etc, you can carry on with that game without creating any problems. In fact its a good way to gain additional experience or get past an area that is causing you too much frustration.

Sorry Keraptisdm, you got there just before me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-17-2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 09-17-2002, 02:43 PM   #4
Ed Willers
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the suggestions,

EW
Ed Willers is offline   Reply With Quote