Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2002, 11:39 AM   #1
justyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, I picked up the infamous sack of potatoes in the kitchen and seem to have misplaced it. The gnome in the well in Dorn's Deep keeps asking for it. I can't get the umber hulks to come out near the ledge either. Is there a way to get another sack or am i Just screwed. Someone please help.
justyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 01:39 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

justyn,

You have been saving games regularly and often, under different names, yes? Then go back to a saved game where you have the potato sack and continue from there.

If, perchance, you haven't developed this discipline; then immediately SAVE GAME, then save it again under a different name.

Once you've done that, dl Dalekeeper, from www.mud-master.com/dalekeeper/Home.html Hack the sack into your party's inventory in one of the games and continue from there. (Dalekeeper is a relatively small download, and is extremely easy to use [and abuse]. You can find lots of help with it on this forum, if you have any more questions.)

I hope this helps you. Oh! and welcome to the forum...

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: NobleNick ]

NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 01:51 PM   #3
justyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The games that I have previously saved no longer have the potato sack and previous games i had not gotten it yet. I tried to look for the item hack and could not see the potato to hack it into my characters. What other options are there?

HELP
Old 02-27-2002, 02:16 PM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Well, if you didn't save that often AND you didn't have this forum, I think you'd be shafted. However, you do have this forum; so I think help will be coming soon. Hang tight. Your problem (missing quest item) is a common one. My experience is that the solutions to such problems usually arrive within hours, and certainly well within a day ...

I would think that it would be relatively simple to find it in the Dalekeeper item list. Just deselect unrelated item categories to shorten the length of the list of items you need to go through.

If worse comes to worse, you could play a previously saved game up to the point where you get the sack. (Hopefully you've saved often enough that this wouldn't be a large amount of replay.) Then you would know exactly what it is called, in order to hack it into your later game. However, my bet is that someone on this forum will know EXACTLY what it is called, and be able to help you find it in Dalekeeper. (If I was home, I'd try to help you out.)

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: NobleNick ]

Old 02-27-2002, 03:00 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

I do know the answer but I'm not going to tell you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Just kidding. Justyn, if you have activated the cheats in the game, then you may type CLUAConsole:CreateItem("potato"); to give yourself another sack of potatoes. (Yes, potatoes, with an "e".) Alternatively, NobleNick's suggestion to use DaleKeeper is perfect; adding inventory is simple. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:57 PM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

Thanks Azred! I figured you or Foehammer would be along any minute to save the day. Was going to mention it in that other thread we were kibbitzing in; but figured, "Naw, he'll get to it."

Did you get the item name from Dalekeeper? If so, what inventory category was it under?

justyn, I had forgotten about cheat codes, since Dalekeeper is so-o-o easy. However, the item name that Azred provided was the important missing ingredient. Now that you have it, either way should work.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:46 PM   #7
justyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You guys are amazing!!!! Thank you very much I only have one question....How do I activate the cheats in a game? Do I download the dalekeeper?.....please let me know and thanks again

Justyn
Old 02-27-2002, 07:27 PM   #8
NobleNick
Quintesson

justyn,

The easiest way for me was to dl Dalekeeper. Click on the link I provided a few messages up in this thread. Follow instructions on that web page for downloading. Click on the zipped folder. (I think this thing self-extracts.) The program should come up. Click on "File" tab to be presented with a list of games to edit. Select your desired saved game; and it is pretty much self-explanatory from there. Of course, if you have problems, you can come back...
Old 02-27-2002, 08:04 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by justyn:
You guys are amazing!!!! Thank you very much I only have one question....How do I activate the cheats in a game? Do I download the dalekeeper?.....please let me know and thanks again

Justyn

Edit your "icewind.ini" file by putting the line Cheats=1 in the "game options" section. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Now how do you activate that cheat console?

hmmm....I must have cast one too many spells at some point. Magic can do that to you, you know. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 08:16 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL Here I was responding to the other post ...

Anyway, I have the cheat code for the sack listed as "POTATOES" ... so try a couple of variations of the spelling and caps if potato doesn;t work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote