Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
Feral
Elminster

I don't know what has happened to the law of supply and demand in Saradush, but the merchant has offered me 148,500 for my Web Sack. I remember the price in SoA being far more moderate (which is probably why I held on to it, unlike the Wand of Wonder). Does anyone know if this is a bug?
Old 10-11-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Well, it is under siege so I doubt there's much supply at all...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #3
Feral
Elminster

Agreed. But what's the demand? I doubt it's any higher than in SoA (where my Web Sack was apparently the only one available). I know the City is under siege, but it's not like my Web Sack is going to turn the tide of battle. If the defenders were short of weapons, then all weapons would be extremely expensive.

I wonder if Fire Giants are even affected by the Web Sack? Given the price offered for it, I'm unlikely to find out.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well I guess you have many expensive things in there.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

The only reason I ever sold an item like that was back when Bioware was offering $0.01 IRL per gold piece you collected in the game. I won a few hundred dollars selling glitch items like this. Otherwise, when I find a store-glitch that doesn't make sense, I simply dump the item in a corner and virtuously refrain from imbalancing the already whacked economy. OK the penny a GP thing never happened.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:10 PM   #6
Feral
Elminster

Well - if you're gonna be all ethical about it, I'll just have to take my toys to a different sandbox. Does your response mean that I should stop dual-wielding the Sanchuudokus (with a spare in my backpack) that I pried from the dead fingers of three Kuroisans? Can I at least hold on to the many belts of inertial barrier?

By the way, you had me all excited about the penny a GP thing. I was hoping for a little income on the side.

The current plan is to test out the Web Sack on some fire giants to see if its price is warranted.