Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 09:25 AM   #1
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

I currently have myself, as a neutral good mage, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo and Jan in my party, and I'm going to free Imoen. BUT: I have a strong urge to get a competent cleric, and I'm asking

1)Could someone tell me where to find a non-evil cleric who doesn't suck, near the start of the game, if possible.

and 2)Who to sack. For roleplaying reasons it can't be Minsc, Jaheira of Imoen (they're my FRIENDS! I can't just abandon them!) so it's either Yoshimo or Jan. Who is better?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:30 AM   #2
Wyldman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't worry. The descision will be made for you.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

well Imoen is part mage and part thief so if you don't have a spare slot she'll replace either jan or yoshimo - i would hang on to both of them until you get imoen back and then decide on the basis of which has been most useful or you enjoyed most

there's an inn in the slums area called the copper coronet - have a walk around the inn and you'll find a solid cleric
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
Commo
Dungeon Master

Aarie or how ever you spell it isnt a bad cleric/mage cross breed [img]tongue.gif[/img] but out of jan and yosh id get rid of yosh
Old 09-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #5
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2004, 11:03 AM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Aerie and Jaheira combined fulfilled all my clerical needs. Aerie even types. Aerie's a little waif that you can meet in the promenade. And, you may take a little while trying to rescue Imoen -- it depends on how you play the game -- but the point is you can run a full compliment of 6 characters until then.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:10 AM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I prefer Aerie, even though she may not be the most powerful cleric in the circus ( ) her mage/cleric combo is powerful from around the middle of the game onwards.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #8
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

I hope this Imoen thing will be done soon. I payed What's-his-name, does it get worse? Another thing: Whats with this "Jaheira cursed"-stuff? does it kill her eventually or something?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:29 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Is Jaheira cursed in your game? You'll know it when it happens. Remember, with infinite reloads, nothing can't be undone.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:20 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
I hope this Imoen thing will be done soon. I payed What's-his-name, does it get worse? Another thing: Whats with this "Jaheira cursed"-stuff? does it kill her eventually or something?
If you mean "Do I have to keep paying through the nose to get answers," then No.
If you mean "Do I have to keep killing nasty things to get to Imoen," then Yes.

All of the quests in the game automatically enter themselves in your Journal, and all important information that you'll need to solve the quests is put there. Read, think, do. Also, there's a small error in the game: After the curse is lifted, Jaheira says that she'll be all right after a good night's sleep. But Resting does not do the trick: It's actually the passage of 12 hours (or was it 24) that fully restores Jaheira to normal, whether you've Rested or not.