Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I am just soloing with a Skald(He is D*man)IMO.I was wondering abiut Fighter.I know that with fighters is hardest to Solo but i think it is Doable...please wright some stats and weapon prfisencies for each Kit.

Xen! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'd say Kensai, because when teamed with the 'Flail of Easthaven' or whatever it is called, it offers 25% Damage Resistance, and then the 'Flail of Ages' because it is the best flail, and you have a hell of a fighter!

Good soloing! If you need anything else, PM me!

DJG
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:26 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Thank You DJG but i need a little more information
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 03:19 PM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
Well, I'd say Kensai, because when teamed with the 'Flail of Easthaven' or whatever it is called, it offers 25% Damage Resistance, and then the 'Flail of Ages' because it is the best flail, and you have a hell of a fighter!
Hmmm... That rings a bell... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The Defender of Easthaven only grant 20% immunity, though.

But i have to disagree. In my opinion, the best solo fighter would be the Berserker. The Kensai would have problems with Mages - a single Power Word can mean death to him. The Berserker does not suffer from that problem - his Enrage ability confers immunity to many game ending effects. A Kensai would also have troubles when he is swarmed by many enemies - while the Berserker AC will be a bless.

As for proficients, pick either Flails - for the amazing Flail of Ages, or Katanas, for the ever-powerful Celestial Fury, and Grandmaster. Don't be tempted by dual wielding in the beginning- contrary to party play, AC is very important to soloers without Ironskins/Stoneskins. Once you have 5 * in your weapon of choice, start allocating points to dual wielding. Once you have a really decent Off Hand weapon that makes sacrificing the AC points worth it (Belm, Crom Faeyr), do the transition.

Choose Dwarf as your Race - 19 CON is useful since HP are crucial to you, and the +5 bonus to save vs. spells is so good it cannot be overstated. Really. +5! Saves are everything, especially for solo fighters. And save vs. spells is by far the most important of them all.

Good luck, and have fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-19-2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Alson ]
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 03:21 PM   #5
Sir Galefin
Dungeon Master

I found fighters a fairly easy class to solo with. I had problems with the mage though