Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2002, 09:17 AM   #21
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by flibulzbuth:
quote:
Greenhouse emmissions are carbon dioxide, a colorless odorless gas. Any smog you see is something else.
Where i live, car exhaust is not odorless and colorless. It would be if the hydrogen motors were out there.
In Mexico city it wasn't either, and sometime it was even recommended not to go out. Same thing happened when i was in Paris. The cool thing about pollution is that you don't have to go to school when it's too high.

Quote:
I do not see all of usa going completely nukular, yah that'il be the day. so we will waist all of our methaine supplies and then have to go back the gasoline in about 3 to 5 years.
What about wind, hydraulic and solar energy? This can be used to make hydrogen fuel cells. The most advanced Country in this field of research is Island (sp?), where they have a lot thermal energy at hand.

Also, this is a long process. You start by reducing the use of oil by making cars more efficients, boosting the taxes at the pump to finance public transport (no i'm not communist) etc...
[/QUOTE]Where you live, the car exhaust is NOT carbon dioxide (though there may be some in it) it is more likely to be carbon monoxide and other pollutants.
If Im not mistaken the pollutant that keeps people indoors on occasions in some areas is Ozone, which due to temperature inversion layering gets trapped near the surface (this only happens in certain types of terrain from my reading). I think you confused Geo-Thermal energy and Iceland with Fuel Cell Technology. The two leading countries in Feul Cell Research I believe are 1. France and 2. USA. Though others are doing research too. Geo-thermal is an excellent energy source, unfortunately it is not viable commercially or geologicly in much of the world.

[ 05-16-2002, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-16-2002, 09:23 AM   #22
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Tell you the truth, I don't know whether global warming is a myth or not. What I do know is that the smog in Christchurch some nites is so bad that you can't see 10ft in front of you, to me this is more enough reason to cut down on greenhouse emissions and harmfull toxins etc...
Greenhouse emmissions are carbon dioxide, a colorless odorless gas. Any smog you see is something else. What is making this thig smog blanket in Christchurch? You all burning pitch or somehting?[/QUOTE]I stand corrected It's prolly just wood burners and fires etc... But how about Hong Kong? That place looks smoggy as.[/QUOTE]I agree Hong Kong has dirty air, dirty water and dirty....well everything else Parts of asia really need to do something to clean up their environments but unlike most western countries there is no emphasis on making any "laws" or regulations toward this. I believe this is in part due to the fact that the government there doesnt solicit or even worry about what the "people" think or want.

Altho It does strike me just now that untill 1999 ..wasn't Hong Kong a British property?

Old 05-16-2002, 09:28 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Hartwig Volz, a geophysicist [...] Volz noted [...] Volz said
Ack... I wonder if he's family?? [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img]